Verizon Download Limits

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gokou135, Aug 8, 2008.

1. gokou135

gokou135 Member

Hey guys, Thought with all the knowledge this place has I would ask something thats been boggling in my head for quite some time now. I cant find the info anywhere for some reason.

Does anyone happen to know verizons download limit. I know they wont cut you off, But at what point do they say....uh oh, this guys doing something wrong we need to do something. I had heard horror stories of people getting in trouble for like 100GB of data (Upload and Download). I also heard that anyone on comcast that downloads more than 50GB has their information released to the FBI. I dont know how much of this junk is true so I figured I would check. Obviously not for myself, As I am on dialup, But im very curious about this whole data capping thing thats been going on for awhile. Might write a paper on it for highschool.

Thanks guys, Peace

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you are on dialup so i would not worry about it, what some isp do if they see people who have a lot of traffic they throttle them, they limit the amonut of use they can have,

3. gokou135

gokou135 Member

Oh no no, Im not worried about it. Im just interested. Thinking about writing a paper on it for my computer classes in school. Thought it might be an interesting topic. Heck with dialup I couldnt break the 1GB barrier lol.

4. superjoe8

superjoe8 Member

wow...im so glad i wont have verizon anymore after tomorrow