VHS TAPES

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Rick151, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Rick151

Rick151 Guest

Hi...
    I have my passwords and important information from my work....that I keep on video tapes....because VHS is the best option I have when I go up to the cottage in the summer.........Is there someway that I can protect these tapes...If someone else played these tapes without my permission ...Is there something that I could put on these tapes that would have to be removed before there played....and if someone did not know about and tried to play them the tapes would be so messed up you could not make out the information on them..But something that I could remove before I played them.....
    Thanks ahead of time.........

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

WOW this is a strange request. Unfortunately I cant think of even 1 thing that you could do to make the tape unplayable that can be changed to make it work again! I cant really nderstand why u use passwords on VHS either to be honest, VHS is actually very fragile, most people think they are better than DVD's cause DVD's can be scratched but u wudnt believe how easy it is to make a VHS tape mess up!

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The only thing I can think of is to put masking tape over the reagion of the tape that its recorded. I have fixed VHS with clear tape it can still be viewed with it but not Masking tape. With the white masking tape it will look like fuzzy noise. So you could record mid tape, add masking tape, and rewind. then when you want to view go to the spot and remove the masking tape very very carefully.

See if that works.

4. Dela

masking tape? would that not destroy the actual tape? or leave sticky stuff all over it that will distort the playback?

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

It shouldn`t, well depending on the brand. You could use the 3M adhesive similar to sticky notes. This can be bought in a removable tape form. The idea is to use for painting, to cover up a painted area of one colour and paint a straight line. If you use that adhesive, you can wrap it around the VHS tape and it will not leave any thing stick or damage the tape.

6. Dela

I dunno id still suggest a different way of storing passwords lol

7. jambata

jambata Guest

Get a box & a key