vhs to avi to dvd format on cd-r media

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by b9x6, Feb 25, 2003.

1. b9x6

b9x6 Member

I am sure that you have probalbly discussed this to no end but here is my dilemma. I have converted some movies that I had on VHS and now want to put them on CD-r to play on my home dvd player. I have seen posts and software, freeware on how to do it. I just can't figure it out. The software that I have is Winmpg video convert, dvd squeeze, tmpgeenc, avi2vcd, virtualdum-1, vobsub, nero55107b, smart ripper, flask, easy divx, dvd decryptor, and dvdx. Question is how do I get an AVI file to dvd readable onto a CD-r that will play in my dvd player (not a dvd-rom or dvd-rw, just a standard run of the mill home dvd system) hooked up to the t.v.

2. DmShaDow

DmShaDow Member

hi i can easily solve your problem. i do that kinda stuff all the time. what u need to do b9x6 is encode the avi file into mpeg format with tmpegenc and then from there you have to use nero to author and burn the vcd so it will play in a standalone dvd player. using the nero wizard, select video cd and add your mpeg file and burn your vcd. hope this helped.