vista wireless help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by wwejunkie, Aug 12, 2007.

1. wwejunkie

wwejunkie Regular member

I got a laptop (vista) with a wireless card in built and it finds my main computer in the lounge (windows xp) and connects but i cannot use internet or msn ect. Also ive use a ethernet cable which works just the wireless. It has this when i look on the network and sharing centre. Thanks.

MY-PC----!----- Unidentified network----X-----Internet

Access Limited connectivity

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

do you have a wireless router? also if you are using a ethernet cable you are not using wireless, also if your wifi card is seeing a unsecured connection you might be geting that conection and not your system,

3. wwejunkie

wwejunkie Regular member

I got three computers in the house ive been using wireless for a year now and my comp was to far away and i didnt get good reception so i put a etherenet cable but now that i got a new computer its near the main comp so im using wireless.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

how far is your router broadcast range? you know what you could try is puting some foil on the antena, it works some times

5. wwejunkie

wwejunkie Regular member

ive already connected one of the comps with the cable so thats all good but the new comp ive bought is closer to the main comp and thats the one with the wireless vista

6. wwejunkie

wwejunkie Regular member

Also when i turn off my wireless router for 10 seconds and put it on my comp connects and i can use net but after 5 mins it doesnt let me on the net and says im connected