Vista won't recognise DV Camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by manyon, Apr 19, 2009.

1. manyon

manyon Member

PC is custom built with a Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P M/B and Vista Home Premium 32 O/S. Camera is a Sony DCR-TRV320 digital 8 camcorder. Device is being attached to PC via firewire. PC not recognising device, Device Manager identifies it as 'Other Devices' which tells me I need an AV/C Subunit driver, cannot locate one on WWW, Sony, Gigabyte or Microsoft. Had no problems transferring data by this method on old PC (which is now fried) with XP Pro O/S. Help!!!

2. dailun

dailun Active member

Any support for that camera and Vista is located here:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-list.pl?mdl=DCRTRV320&LOC=3

This is from the Sony Website.

The drivers required to connect most Sony® cameras and camcorders to a computer are already included in the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system.
    Note: In some instances, the camera or camcorder may not be recognized by the computer when connected. In this case, check to see if there is an updated driver available for your model.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  3. PFloyd

PFloyd Regular member

Some times you have to turn the camera on first (when hooked to the PC) and then turn on the PC.

4. manyon

manyon Member

Thanks for the responses, I have tried all of the above, no drivers at Sony. I guess I am going to have to install an XP Pro OEM OS on a seperate hard drive. Always wanted an excuse to get a WD Velociraptor HD.