vob files

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by phonenix, Jul 31, 2003.

1. phonenix

phonenix Member

hi

i need help

i am new to the world of backing up dvds to hard disk and cdrw and and completly stuck.

I have decrypted a film to my hard disk with what i though was a degree of successes. i can play the film and quality and sound are superb however there are four vob files and they have to be loaded induvidualy into windvd 5 to watch them. I then tried to use vobedit to join the four files together to make one film that i could view but 10hrs later still no sucess. please can somebody help im looking to maintain the high quality but be able to watch the film in one go rather than have to keep loading all the files individually also i would appreciate advice on how to compress these files once joined so as to capitilise on space but yet not give up the quality

cheers phonenix

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Yeah, you will find that if you want to play them on your computer, it is better to make an ISO file in Nero with them on a DVD.

3. phonenix

phonenix Member

thanks ill give it a go

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Or you can move all the files into a c:\VIDEO_TS folder or any letter that is your main harddrive. Then you can just open the windows dvd player and it will automatically start playing.