Wanting to play xbox original backups on my 360

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by olsensftw, May 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olsensftw

olsensftw Member

Alright, I am looking to back up some original xbox games to play on 360. I have already flashed my drive (hitachi 0078) with ixtreme 1.51

The flash was good, I have played multiple back ups that are 360 original. However I have only tried to burn one original xbox game (Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2) which is backwards compatable. I have gotten the update off off xbox.com and burned it to disc, ran it in the system and it says it worked, in addition, I have the capablity to hook it to live and have updated it there.

My problem is this. The .iso i have is 2.7Gb. The one time I tried to burn it, I used Verbatim dvd+R DL (singapore) discs. Img burn told me that typically it would place half the data on each layer, but would advise me to put it all on the first since it would fit. I clicked yes and ran the program. once the burn was done, the 360 only said "Open Tray" no dirty disc error, no reading it as a dvd movie, it just acted as if i didn't put anything in there in the first place.

Do I need to run the .iso threw mulleter? is there a program that i can check the iso with like abgx? should i have told Imgburn to burn it equally on both layers rather then all on one? Do i need to use a layer break? Sorry for the hassle guys. I just am totally new to trying to back up original xbox games for playing on the 360. Did my best to troll the other threads, and didn't really find any definitive answers.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.