1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watching DiVX on USB(pendrive) via boot CD on a PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by P_Sapper, Nov 16, 2007.

1. gfpettus

gfpettus Member

MC exploit y'all

ulaunch to launch sms player
    then have a pen(usb) drive (with video files.) plugged in before you boot your ps2..
    then sms player will "take your breath away"

2. bigpaner

bigpaner Member

hi everyone!

need some help so frustrated! Ok so burnt the ulaunch package (image) to a dvd+r. i have a modded ps2 (NTSC, SCPH-39001)and i can play backedup games and dvd movies, no problem. now for some reason, it will not load up Ulaunch!! all i get is the error reading disk with those annoying red clouds in the background to get you even more nervous lol!! first time i burnt the disk i used nero, and the second time i used DVDdecrypter just in case that would actually make a difference. Anyways, I don't know what could be wrong does anyone have any suggestions?!

thanks for the help
    mike

3. bigpaner

bigpaner Member

4. djjazzy

djjazzy Member

how shld i format the usb pen drive in order to make it work in slim ps2...which type of farmatting shld i use..... NTFS OR FAT32??

5. gfpettus

gfpettus Member

to tell you the truth I dont think it matter... but to save you some time if one of them doesnt work, set up everything and save it before you load it up to your usb... in other words, have it already made and set up before you put it on your USB to, once again, save your time when doing it...

um... yah honestly any type of work involved is gonna be payed off.. so dont give up on trying, even if you dont make it work at first.. it may take more than one try...

6. djjazzy

djjazzy Member

hey nw itz working ..i formatted it with FAT32... :D....SMS PLAYER V2.5 CAN READ USB PENDRIVES BT IT TAKE LIL BIT TIME 2 LOAD MP3 FILES...BT V1.9 IS DAMN FAST ....DA ONLY PROB IS THT IT CANT READ USB PENDRIVES :(

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
  7. hguduru

hguduru Member

ntfs doesnt work sometimes but fat 32 always works and its well in v 2.6 on my slim ps2 however sometimes it refuses to start from my pen and then when i format it and reuse it it always works anyway i have no complains becoz i use my external hard drive with about 300 gig of music/movies and disconnect only once a week when i add new stuff to it

8. djjazzy

djjazzy Member

the latest version of SMS MEDIA PLAYER is v2.7....jus giv a try http://home.casema.nl/eugene_plotnikov/ ....both usb pendrives n HDD r working perfectly in it..... IT ALSO HAS A SMOOTH VID N MP3 PLAYBACK :D

9. billallan

billallan Member

Actually u can burn ps2 running dvds. you can legally backup your own dvd collection to dvd-r and you can play them on the ps2/xbox/any dvd play without mods. basically you backup dvd will run on an out of the box ps2/ps3/xbox/etc

10. gfpettus

gfpettus Member

ok newbie... post a youtube video that shows you doing just that and then I will become a believer!
    no swapmagic or anything of the type because we already know that works.

11. billallan

billallan Member

was that for me? if so what i mean by ps2 running games was just ripped games which do require swapmagic/ar max/modchip etc

n.b. You could also create bootable games which require no mods but that would be way too expensive. e.g. swap magic and ar max are not sony discs but boot on ps2.

to reiterate what i mean is you can create ps2 running games, but they need to be booted somehow.

12. gfpettus

gfpettus Member

oh yah sry bout that.. wasnt meant to be mean...
    you are correct!! and on this thread those are the only ways to do such things..