What do I do with downloaded files with Bittorrent?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by terri72, Jun 28, 2009.

1. terri72

terri72 Member

I downloaded a file using BitTorrent. Now what do I do with it? How do I turn it into an ISO file? I can't find the downloaded file on my pc to turn it to an AVI, then to ISO. Isn't there a file on BitTorrent that saves the file once it is finished? I don't have a clue what to do with this downloaded file so I can watch it. PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks so much!!

2. boobier

boobier Member

The first thing you need to do is find the file!

It's probably in My Documents or the file where all of your other downloads have been going. If you can't find it, open another torrent file, and see where it wants to save it -- that's where your downloaded file is.

If you know the folder the file was sent to, but still don't see it, it might be marked 'hidden'. You'll have to go into folder options and mark the box that lets you view hidden files.

As far as the converting is concerned, you should really tell us what you are trying to do. Are you trying to burn a movie to DVD? If so, which programs are you going to use?

The majority of video files you torrent will be avi files. You usually don't have to convert to ISO to burn to DVD. Usually you *download* an ISO (which is a very large mirror image of a DVD), not convert to ISO.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009