what do i need?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by kst68dog, May 8, 2005.

1. kst68dog

kst68dog Member

right guys be gentle with me.im very new to xbox backups(i can do ps2 no probs,but then again who cant?)exactly what do i need to backup my xbox games?my xbox is modded to play backups,i have a dvd burner,and i am very patient and willing to learn.thanks guys.

2. manufan

manufan Regular member

AS USUAL I DO NOT PROMOTE PIRACY IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM
    Ok first off you need to understand that you cannot just put an xbox game into your pc and copy it, it wont work!! First you will need to purchase a crossover cable to connect your xbox directly to your pc. Then download an ftp software application i use flashfxp but there are many others. Then you need software that will convert your xbox game files to iso files like qwix by avalaunch its free. When you have all this you are ready to go. Ok when you have all this you need to set up your pc and xbox with the correct LAN settings so that the two recognise each other (look in the forums for ftp'ing its all there). When you have all that set up connect your xbox to your pc using the crossover cable and power up your xbox. Open your ftp'ing software on your pc and connect to the xbox, you should now see all of your xboxs hard drive partitions i.e C D E F etc. Put your game you want to backup into your xbox drive and double click on D on your pc and you should then see all of the game files on the disc. Create a file on your computer to ftp all of these files into (if you are using flash fxp your can do this on the left hang box). Now double click on your created folder to open it VERY IMPORTANT!! and drag every single file of your game over to this new folder. The pc will then retrieve all of the game files and put them into your created folder. When this is completed congratulations you have successfully retrieved your fist xbox game BUT! its not over yet, remember earlier i said you need an iso creating program like qwix well now you need to use that to convert all of your game files to iso's. Now just simply burn with dvd decrypter or nero and if you have researched well and info'd up you should have a perfectly good working backup of your game.
    P.S dont worry about how complicated all this might look and sound once you have done it once it becomes second nature. Hope this helps.

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest