What do I put in the "Payment ID" field?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Pop_Smith, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Hey, I have joined a few PTR sites and for your payment they ask which type. I selected PayPal but, there is a box for "Payment ID" what do I put here? I read its your e-mail address from PayPal but, I am not sure as I couldn't find answers for it on Google or PayPal.

Thanks for the help

Pop Smith

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Everything through PayPal is done through a email address. Don't put your password unless it's through the PayPal service.

3. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Thanks Flip :) I know about the password thing, I got screwed over about three weeks ago by an e-mail that looked official. The next day, $200 bucks where missing out of my account. Got it fixed and learned my lesson lol.

4. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I had a spoof email sent to me from eBay. Asking to update my account #.

I clicked the link, signed into eBay (what I thought was eBay), was about to update my account info (mainly my payment info to pay for my eBay fees).

It asked for my debit or credit card # (in my case I use my debit), the CID # (3 digit security number), etc ....

Everything looked normal except for one thing ... It asked for my P.I.N. #. Why would eBay need my P.I.N. #? So I didn't fill it out, and instead sent an email to eBay.

They confirmed it was a spoof email. Because of it, I changed my eBay password since I logged into what I though was eBay. So be careful :)