what do im need to copy my 650 vhs tapes to dvd

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by noshow, Apr 29, 2003.

1. noshow

noshow Member

i have 650 vsh tapes that i bougth over the years, i have a dvd 120a sony r/w that handles +r disks and -r. i have tryed to make files to transfer all i get is a fed warning on the file the whole leght of it. im using a ATI wonder pro 128 card, can you guys help me out. i wont to transfer them while the vhs players are still around. cause i sure in the hell aint going to buy dvd,s for there fat pockets(fox,warners ect)so what programs and hard ware do i need please help i have over 6000 bucks in vhs tapes that i bougtt

2. mike_eng

mike_eng Guest

As you found out, most commercial video tapes are "copy protected". There is a product called Video CopyMaster made by Sima that will clean up the video for you. My model is SED-CM. Bought at Best Buy for about $50. It's completely legal to use as long as it's your video! If that's your major hanging point, that should get you going. Converting 650 tapes is going to take a long, long time and you're looking at about $2000 in blank DVDs, assuming $3 a DVD. Good luck

3. noshow

noshow Member

thanks better than losing 6k besides like you know dvd blanks will go down sooner or later