What DVD player should I get?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by aboz56, Dec 12, 2005.

1. aboz56

aboz56 Member

Right now I have a RCA, works fine, only one problem.

For some reason, I have to turn it on, then it won't read any burned media. Then once I turn it off and turn it back on it works just fine.

This has become an annoyance and since it's about two years old, I figure it's time to upgrade.

Just want something in the $50-$100 price range that will be reliable and play all types of formats.

Suggestions?

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Have you tried resetting your player to factory settings? Your owner's manual should tell you how. If you do it, you'll have to turn DTS back on, and any other settings you had changed. Nothing to lose by trying it................
    Good luck!

3. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

U might want to look at the US LOGIC at COMPUSA under a 100 bucks,plays anything
    another is the AVAYON DXP1000,THIS HAS HOOK-UP FOR 5.1,ALSO UNDER 100BUCKS AT the J&R STORE reliable source many buy their http://www.jr.com/
    right now its 70bucks free shipping one helluva deal

4. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

U might want to look at the US LOGIC at COMPUSA under a 100 bucks,plays anything
    another is the AVAYON DXP1000,THIS HAS HOOK-UP FOR 5.1,ALSO UNDER 100BUCKS AT the J&R STORE reliable source many buy their http://www.jr.com/
    right now its 70bucks free shipping one helluva deal

5. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

You should consider - Sumvision N820.

It plays all DVD formats, including CD.. VCD/SVCD/DivX/XviD/MPEG/WAV/MP3/WMA/WMF/MPEG2/WMV

Nearly all video formats!

-Mike

6. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hello Mik3h..Well where do we go to look into this Sumvision N820 also what country,I just found this in the UK
    Think its a Toshiba

7. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

8. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hello Mik3h..this is just a thought..in these chats that we all love & participate in.I feel that we should address the country as well as the product.Due to the fact that not all Players are available,in all Countries,therefore U have a better option of finding a compatible player in said country.I myself have done the same thing,recomending a player that is available in USA,but not UK,CHINA,AUSTRALIA,etc.This would probably be easier for Newbies [Noops].Like I said this is just a thought,I know a little of topic

9. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

I'm not quite sure which the country is produced in or orgininates from and I think such a question is irrelevant to the topic.

aboz56 asked for DVD player reccomendations, I have reccomended the Sumvision N820 DVD DivX multi-format player.

I already own this player and would highly reccomend it as I have had no problems with it whatsoever.

I have a supplied only a UK address due to the fact that I cannot find a US
    store (as stated above) and have not had much time to look for one. So, I have posted a search engine which I reccomended he tried, if not eBay.

You should also have a look on BuyCentral.

-Mike

10. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

Hello..Mik3h..Its good that recomendations are made..I'm not trying to open a can of worms..or insult anybody..But it just seems to me that if U are looking for a Something it would make more sense to say from what country U are in,to narrow down the recomendations as not all players are available in certain countries.You might get better responses
    EXAMPLE--I bought an Epson CD Printer here in U S..Found lots of threads about a better printer THINK it was a Cannon CD Printer..Well after searching,I finally found out its only available overseas,not here
    But please don't take offense..people like U have helped me & many others.It is well appreciated..so I say again MANY,many,THANKS