1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Epson printer are you using?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by bratcher, Feb 23, 2008.

1. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

2. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Let me know if they work in your epson & also if the printer will still show how much ink is left in the cartidges.

I think (?) these will also fit my RX680 as it uses 77 & 78 cartridges fir it's ink.

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Yeah all the printer manufacturers are putting printhead on the carts. No more of the Canon 6bci style ink wells that are $1.59. LOL

4. headcase

headcase Regular member

I have an Epson RX580. An dI ordered one of the black cartridges from 4inkjets. It worked for me. I had tried from severeal other places, and nothing else would work. Was having to buy genuine Epson ink, and luckily I found someone on ebay selling them very cheap. Something like $80 for 2 full sets. But now that I've found a compatible that works, thats what I'll use.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

I've got An Epson Cx-7800 & love it !!!!! I don't Print on my dvd's so It does'nt have that Feature but it's great for printing Covers , Photo's & Copies & scanning . My only complaint if I were To have one is not specifically against Epson in particular But Like all Inkjets You always seem to run out of Ink in at least one cartridge during an important ( to Me atleast !!!) project!and Amazingly I never seem to run out of Black that Often! I do run out occasionally But I'm like so far ahead on Black cartridges It's not a worry. I ran out of magenta/red last night and would'nt ya' know it I'm out of Magenta cartridges as well !!! Well I went Cyber-shopping for ink cartridges online & although most places are cheaper than Genuine Epson on their ink cartidges (remanufactured/GENERIC! They were all kinda high and nobody had a super -sale on the ones I needed ? I found a company that makes a CIS= Continous Ink System for The Cx-7800 and Ordered one ! the company is called SuperTobuy.com and the kit with inkwas like $50.00 with shipping which would be about what I would have to pay for a Genuine set of Epsons cartridges ! Hopefully it will work great and I'll let y'all know regardless ! Ciao!!!!!

6. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

7. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Have you tried any of the other 4inkjet colors besides black? If so then did they work properly? Does the printer tell you how much ink is left with the 4inkjet cartridges like it will with the Epson?

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

BigTOXY69

You ever get ink from private abacus: http://private.abacus24-7.com/compatibility.aspx?compat=13786

they have you remanu carts for $3.95 each, 2 pack $7, 3 pack $10 and other combo offers. I get my Canon free ink carts for $1.59 there.

You made any hurricane preps yet. I just drove to Lafayette and pick up my 88yr old Mom and brought her to BR. No traffic probs yet.

9. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

I just bought a new Epson R290 the other day as my old Epson R310 was finally starting to show some age. I decided to go the Continuous Ink Supply System route this time instead of refills.

I found an online store that sold the complete kit for $75 AUD (including P & H) and it came pre filled with 6 x 100ml ink.

So that works out to $1.25 a cartridge (assuming cartridges hold 10ml, which I believe is fairly accurate). I haven't even considered the next batch of ink which I will only need to buy the ink and not the CISS kit, so I am sure that I will save any more.

It seems to be working flawlessly. :)

Here's a link for anyone in Australia considering one of these...

http://www.oztion.com.au/vshops/item.aspx?itemid=5143206&shopid=4680

Last edited: Aug 30, 2008
  10. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- yEAH I Reorganized the computer room and fill big storag toate with movies so somebody could sleep in here ! We also got 12 Houseguest in from New Orleans including Six Kids !!! with 2 to three more adults due today !!! so far so good !!!Naw I perused around the internet & Found that Continuos Ink System for about what i'd have paid for one round of Epson Genuine Cartridges so I jumped on it ! I have'nt used the Genuine epson Cartridges except the ones the printer came with ! Love epson quality but They think their ink is made from gold + Unobtainium !!!!!!!

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Looks like it's gonna be bad. My house hasn't filled up yet. My daughter will come tonight and if we keep power we'll get more refugees.LOL We got plenty of food and Ice. I have failed to buy a generator because our lights usually come back the same day. That may change for this one. good luck. Anybody else from LA worried about this guys?

12. fatstrat

fatstrat Regular member

Bratcher
    Just bought the Epson RX680 from their website Today. They have a $60.00 instant rebate making the printer $109.99. After some searching this seems to be a great price.

Strat

13. Kissmiss

Kissmiss Member

I don't know precisely which COS system I bought on ebay a few months ago but it not only didn't ever work, it actually killed a brand new R280 I brought to Cuba with great difficulty. You cannot ship anything to Cuba. Everything has to be carried in by hand and the amount of things you can bring is severely restricted by weight.

The ink would not flow at all and air bubbles appeared everywhere in the lines. We tried everything to make it work. Finally, we elevated the tubes of ink slightly and that resulted in the ink running out through the print heads to the point where they could not be cleaned again.

A horrible and very expensive mess which I will never again repeat. The worst of it all is that a printer like that is extremely rare in Cuba and probably had a value of $350-400. After spending almost $100 on the COS, it rendered the printer worthless.

14. varnull

varnull Guest

That is so similar with my experience with the late model r265 it is incredible. What people sem to have missed is there are 2 versions of some epson models.. the pre 4/2007 and the later ones which will only use original carts.

Mine is now mothballed with the yellow jet clogged.. unusable without a lot of maintenance and a large bill for original carts to reset the hardware. Unfortunately muppet who was here threw out some of the original carts.. and as the generic ones don't work at all that just leaves a catch22 situation.. the reset hack only works with original carts.. even empty ones will do.. then you can play with the cis tubes and bottles.

Waste of money.. I will never buy another epson printer.

15. bratcher

bratcher Active member

I paid about that much for my 680 from Best Buy 6 months ago. Great printer!! 90% of it's use is printing DVD's & covers. Still using Epson ink though. I haven't tried the compatable cartridges yet but plan to soon.

16. ydel

ydel Member

i need help got a epson r360 has anyone got the reset proggy cheers

17. dailun

dailun Active member

R260 and R280 with CISS on each.

"I print with impunity" <G>

18. Icanbe

Icanbe Guest

Got a CX8400, 2.5 inch lcd display, memory card reader built in.
    Really like the memory card reader option, slide in the card, pick the picture you want to print and hit print, don't even have to turn on the PC.

Regular price was $109.99, got it on sale for $49.99.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2009
  19. john411

john411 Member

Can anyone recommend a decent printer for $200 or under?

20. bratcher

bratcher Active member

Just tried a light cyan cartridge from 4inkjets for my rx680 & it works great!! If the other colors are just as good then it's bye bye expensive OEM Epson ink!!