1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is a good PCI Firewire card brand/type for a new JVC digital mini-camcorder?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by daddySEAL, Oct 17, 2005.

1. daddySEAL

daddySEAL Member

thank you, TPFKAS.
    It's about 6 AM central US daylight savings time and that link is not working at the moment. I'll try later. I VERY much appreciate the help, friend!

I'll get back to you after I read it.
    Thanks Again!!!!

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

just my 2-cents,this is what i use on 5 computers.

Adaptec DuoConnect USB 2.0/1394 FireWire Card

Description
    Why buy two PCI cards when you can get all the high-speed connectivity you need using one Adaptec DuoConnect PCI card? With FireWire and USB 2.0 connections on a single card, you save both money and a valuable PCI slot. And with the included video editing software, you can easily create Video CDs from your home movies! For speed and ease-of-use, you'll get where you want to go twice as fast with DuoConnect. FireWire is as hot as its name suggests, supporting data speeds up to 400 megabits per second (Mbps). That made FireWire/1394/i.LINK the standard for multimedia input devices such as digital video (DV) cameras, high-speed storage devices, scanners, CD-RW, and DVD drives. In fact, you can "daisy chain" up to 62 peripherals from the two external FireWire ports on your DuoConnect PCI card. USB 2.0 combines high-speed performance with the plug-and-play simplicity that has made USB peripherals so popular. USB 2.0 products - including external CD-RWs, DVD-Rs, hard drives, and scanners - can run at up to 480 Mbps. That's 40 times faster than today's USB 1.1 peripherals. DuoConnect's three external ports provide maximum compatibility to thousands of current USB 1.1 and high-speed USB 2.0 devices. Take control of your USB configuration with the Adaptec USBControl Utility. Its friendly and intuitive interface shows where all your devices are connected and how they're performing, simplifies troubleshooting and more. Get in on the fun of digital video (DV) movie making. Attach a FireWire-compatible DV camcorder to your FireConnect for Notebooks adapter. Then use the video editing software to capture footage from the camcorder; assemble a movie from your favorite scenes; and add titles, graphics, music, and special effects. Finally, burn movies on your CD-R or CD-RW. It's fun and easy!

3. daddySEAL

daddySEAL Member

Yes, ireland.....that would make lots of sense for folks that didn't already have enough USB connections built into their computers(as mine has)or for someone who thought they might need more USB's someday. I saw those but didn't buy or ask about USB and Firewire combo (cards)because I already had more USB connections than I'm probably ever to need on my machine. But it's a good idea for those that don't, no doubt.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2005
  4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Hi daddySEAL,
    Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate it.
    Strange that you cannot access the site. Let me know if that continues to be so.

5. daddySEAL

daddySEAL Member

You are welcome.
    Still no luck getting to that link, or the one in his "signature", either by clicking on them or pasting them into my address bar.

I guess I could do a Google search for the club.

thanks again

6. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

7. daddySEAL

daddySEAL Member

thank you....the Google link came up looking right, but still wouldn't get me to the website.

I'll try when I get home. Maybe our company A-Hole!!! "administrator/IS" people are making ir not go thru.