WHAT IS BETTER CAMCORDER? PANASONIC HDCSD1 OR THE Sony HDRSR7?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by darensvt, Aug 3, 2007.

1. darensvt

darensvt Member

I am looking to buy a new camcorder but not sure what direction is better to go. I am looking at the PANASONIC HDCSD1 and the Sony HDRSR7. As a family we are going to be taking a vacation to disney world. I want to be able to record in High Definition to play on my HDTV. I am also going to want to burn my recording onto a DVD and not sure if that is easy to do or not with either camcorder. I know one records on a hard drive while the other records on to a memory stick. If i go with the Pan camcorder I will have to purchase a OTG hard drive "(on the go)" to transfer the video to the hard drive because the stick will only hold about 2 hrs of video or less. I am not sure if that is the smart way to go or if the Sony is the way to go with its huge 60MB of storage which is plenty for a family vacation. Please help me to know what is a better direction to go. If I am to go with the Panasonic then is there a reliable OTG hard drive I should purchase. Thank you for your help.
    Darensvt

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

MiniDV tape is superior, quality-wise, than anything else out there. I am not sure that Sony or Panasonic has a HD MiniDV tape camcorder, but I think that Sony may have one.

I am not certain, but I don't think that you can burn HD to a DVD. I think that you will need a Blu-Ray burner, and a DVD player that supports it.