1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question What is the Best Free AntiVirus for 2021?

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by borhan9, Aug 31, 2021.

1. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Hi Guys

Its been awhile. I am going to be helping my auntie set up her place with the internet tomorrow and its going to be the first time she gets permanent internet in her place and need advice on what is the best free antivirus for her setup.
    All I remember about her computer is that its win10 (I think)
    2Gigs Ram and a Celeron CPU

I did some searching on the net and saw Avast, AVG and In toms guide, they had a post advising BitDefender the free version.
    I have a paid full version of BitDefender and its awesome but will the free one for my aunt cut the mustard?
    I need it to do everything she will not be able to remember to update definitions and all those manual things we do with software?

Thanks in advance.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a mp3 digital audio issue. recheck the specs on her computer & is it a laptop or desktop?

3. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

Laptop

4. aldan

aldan Active member

windows defender is the built in av for win10 and it should be more than enough.

5. borhan9

borhan9 Active member

That's what I ended up doing going with the inbuilt AV and setup the internet as normal via wifi and it was more than fast enough.
    over 50MBPS

aldan likes this.
  6. wnstv

wnstv Newbie

Why not install VMware workstation pro and put the potentially dangerous files there? Just saying. I don't think that there is any 100% good virus protection and especially not a free one.