What is the importance of bitsetting/booktype?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by Moris, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moris

Moris Member

I posted this on ImgBurn support forums, and got no help other than a poke in the ribs. I figure you guys will be a little more receptive =)

So, here's the problem.

I have burnt multiple backups on Memorex discs, using ImgBurn (along with Schtrom and DVDMulleter) and each time my 360 reads the disc for about ten seconds, and then goes back to saying "open tray." However, I got no errors when making the dics, and at the end ImgBurn tells me everything was completed, and further more the computer will load the disc and tell me to put it into a 360 console in order to play the game on it. My 360 is properly prepared (It has been flashed, and has updated firmware) to read backups, though, because I do have a backup disc produced by a third-party that the system reads just fine.

I have some Verbatim DVD+R DL's coming in the mail, and will see if that fixes the problem.

In the meantime, I wanted some advice if there someone out there who can help me. I am curious as to the importance of changing the bitsetting/booktype when burning a 360 game. My Toshiba Satellite's burner either doesn't support bitsetting/booktype change, or does not work with ImgBurn to do it. At least not in a way I can figure out.

Is it necessary to do this in order to produce a working 360 backup, or do you think the Verbatim over the Memorex is my only real issue?

Thanks in advance for your reply.

2. Moris

Moris Member

PS, I did manage to get one of the Back-ups to read. But even though the game played perfectly, it was the ONLY time I could get it to read. Since then I've tried putting in back in the 360 at least twenty times to no avail, and gave it up for fear of wearing out the disc drive.

3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Please post in the xbox 360 forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.