What kind of Car do you drive or hope to?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by solargame, May 11, 2005.

1. solargame

solargame Regular member

well, im only 13 so i cant drive i would love to get my self a nice escalade on 24,s with the gold spinners and the hydralics with a nice kick ass hemi. ha that would be the life. plus throw in a bunch of ps2 and xboxs like the guys on mtv cribs.LOL

2. regor

regor Regular member

I have a black 1998 Corvette convertible C5 that I keep parked in the garage and only drive on special occassions. It has ~20k miles on it. When I drive it it's just like driving a brand new car. It has 345 horsepower.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Good luck finding an Escalade with a Hemi - only Dodge has Hemis. If you get those 24's stay the hell away from the shop I work at cause I'm not touching them. I just rotated a set of 20's today and thought I was going to suck a nut lifting those friggin things.

4. Weycraze

Weycraze Regular member

CAR?

What about a truck, don't they count?

1991 GMC 2500 4x4 Red/Silver fully loaded

Looking at a 2003 GMC 2500 Midnight Blue EXT cab 4x4

@ regor

Nice wheels man, take real good care of her, my favs a 65' vette

I need to win a lottery!

@ Neph

You work too hard dude...hehehe

Weycraze

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Neph,
    I was browsing through your video collection,
    And i must say 'IM SHOCKED' that you dont have Sledge hammer season 2 yet!!!
    All in all you have some good selections :)

As far as my car (getting back on topic).

[​IMG]

6. philipman

philipman Regular member

mines a skyline man, those things can fly.

7. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Looking forward to the day I can afford a '69 'Vette... Those puppies just ooze style...

8. neojapan

neojapan Regular member

i had a grand prix 98 gt but,it gave out on me (trans)and now I plan on buying another one just a newer model maybe a G6 or GTO

Last edited: May 11, 2005
  9. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Peugeot 306 1.9Turbodiesel, fairly quick..
    But i still miss one of my previous cars - BMW 535i sport - 3.5litre, 208bhp; just couldn't afford to run it anymore, so sold it to my dad, who luckily still has it; and more luckily hasn't tried to customise it. (he has no car style and wanted to stick false mahogany bits all over the dash 'til i told him to just stop before he started!)

Last edited: May 12, 2005
  10. arniebear

arniebear Active member

I have a new Mercury Mountaineer, with V8.

[​IMG]

11. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

I like cars, but haven't got a clue what half of you are saying.

???

I am pretty boring 5 Series BMW - I get in it drive, try to avoid speed cameras and get out at the other end without back ache - great car.

Quite like the Mercedes McLaren or a Bentley Intercontinental.

12. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Escalade is a Cadillac Escalade SUV, 24's are 24" wheels, spinners are wheels that have a full diameter cover (kinda like a fancy hubcap) that rides on bearings so when the vehicle is stopped the inserts keep spinning giving the impression the car is still moving though it's stopped. Hydraulics are used to lift/lower the vehicle at will like the old lowriders but nowadays airbags are the norm since they're more durable than hydraulics.

13. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

I remember putting low profile tyres on my mini when I was 18 - Actually it was a mini van and I put windows in the back and a matress - in case I got tired !!! It had an 850 cc engine with a top speed of 95 miles an hour down hill with the wind behind it. I bought it for £100 and sold it for £100 3 years later.

I suppose having these Big nice cars is a US thing, as most of our journeys in the UK are not very long and petrol costs £3.88 / UK Gallon (4.55 litres) £.85 /litre = $6 US per US Gallon (3.79 Litres) whereas the average US price is $2.15 (57 cents/litre or £0.30/litre) or if you go to Pilot Travel Center (#364), 750 N Carol Malone Blvd, Grayson, KY. I-64/KY 7 Exit 172 Then it is only $1.79US

We get 3 points for speeding and loose our licence after 11 points - so on a journey from London to Bristol 100 miles - you could get photographed 4 times. doing the same speed on the same day on the same journey and have no licence by the time you get to Bristol).

Anyway we pay 3 times as much for our petrol (Gas) so you are not so worried about big engines but more the pain on your pockets.

Now I drive a boring relaible German Car with a top speed of 140+MPH that does 36 miles per UK Gallon or in US terms 30 miles per US Gallon.

Cor these measurements are doing my head in - Two countries divided by the same language - you put gas in your cars we use petrol, we cook with gas what do you use?

If I am going to have a fag it means I am going to smoke a cigaratte! If I want to "smoke a fag" - I am not going to shoot a gay man!

A fanny here is a rude thing to say as it applies to a womans front bottom not rear!

Well you can imagine what us Brits think you keep in your fanny bags! Lucky guys!

14. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

Cadillac Sixteen Concept with engine
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. solargame

solargame Regular member

@ heymarket
    you wouldent understand the stats i just said unless your from the U.S(this stuff is mostly street talk in the U.S)neph understood becuase hes from arizona(just a guess from previous threads, dont get mad if im wrong).

16. solargame

solargame Regular member

@ nephilum
    about the hemi, theres always time to hope. they could remove it from another engine and insert it into the escalade.
    by the way, you hear about the new dodge charger coming out this july. looks pretty nice, what i like is the hemi with up to 400 horses under the hood.
    BTW neph, that link in your sig about your movies are all those 399 movies yours?

17. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

I'm not into the whole "pimp my ride stuff" huge heavy rims slow your car down, and they cost a fortune I could buy another NICE car with? I'm much more of a function over form person, no RICE for me.

I also like how the Europeans embraced diesel fuel - diesel engines get high torque, we're starting to see some in the states now. We cook with natural gas! we call anything with a hydrogen-carbon base a gas, unless it's liquid, then it's oil lol.

could somebody explain the Hemi engine, or its niche, I figure "hemi" stands for hemispherical or something. ???

I go for very good reliability then performance. I'd really like a BMW 3-series - they're not that expensive either, I'll take an older one - as long as it runs, I saw one for sale at a dealership and had 500K on it. Car specs and features are cool to read about but when it comes down to it I'll get something affordable and reliable.

18. haymarket

haymarket Regular member

The Cadillac Sixteen looks more like something Judge Dread or Batman would drive. How do you park it, you can't see the front.

19. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

it will never make it to production looking like that the a-pillars are majorly sloped - you can't see the front, on second-thought there's probably cameras onboard, i love concept cars, but that's how they stay mostly

the Nissan 350z started as a concept though, and didn't change much either.

this one came from Halo, I'm certain
    [​IMG]
    kick-assCARS.com

20. ScubaBud

ScubaBud Regular member

Do pogo sticks count as; "Your Ride"?

@ Neph

A bit of a disappointment with the Hemi hype of Chrysler…Not a true Hemi at all!!!

I grew up with the True 426 Hemi’s and the 427’s, 428’s, 429’s of other manufacturers. I had the foldout of the Hemi Cuda when it came out but kept with Ford’s while drag racing on Telegraph and Woodward in Detroit, Michigan, 428 Cobra and 289 Falcon.

http://www.automobilemag.com/news/0407_hemi/