1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What program you use for file sharing?

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by dRD, Mar 30, 2001.

1. dreams

dreams Guest

i need help!! I'm using winmx as my music downloading programe and have recently installed a intell anypoint home networking system and am having difficulty. I am no longer able to run winmx, and can't figure out why? Is there anyone that can help me solve my problem without getting rid of my intell home network system, i need it to be able to use both my computers online. Please Help!!
    thankx

2. kathylaw

kathylaw Guest

hey dreams!!! just get rid of the software u r using and instal Kazaa..Ifound itthe best.

3. dreams

dreams Guest

Hi Kathylaw,
    Is Kazaa better then winmx?? My husband prefers winmx out of all the other ones that we've tried, and i don't know if he'd be willing to get rid of winmx... Are you sure if i get rid of winmx and get kazaa that i will be able to connect by still using my intel anypoint home networking system?? Thankx again

4. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

I think it´s a question of personal preference. You could try Kazaa (Lite). If you like it there´s nothing stopping you from using both.

5. msuguy

msuguy Guest

I want to download dvd's and burn them on to cd format. I have a cd-rw and a cd-r burner. is this possible, and if it is, what (preferribly free) program would i use to do this.

6. msuguy

msuguy Guest

I want to download dvd's and burn them on to cd format. I have a cd-rw and a cd-r burner. is this possible, and if it is, what (preferribly free) program would i use to do this.

7. dreams

dreams Guest

msuguy, you can do that and it depends what you want, winmx is a good place to get stuff. all you have to do is type in what ever it is that you want, and once you find it start downloading.

8. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Msuguy, that depends on what you want to do. Do you want a high-quality movie you can watch with your computer or is a stand-alone DVD-player a must?
    Format, quality, size?
    The best guides are right here at Afterdawn.

You can find alot of DVD-rips with p2p-applications. Some have decent quality, others don´t.
    What kind of internet connection do you have? Don´t even think about downloading dvd-rips with a modem!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2002
  9. garbo990

garbo990 Guest

kazaa is the best period, it can kick crap out of any other file sharing app hands down. recommended to everyone.

10. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Fasttrack is indeed excelent since it´s so puplic. The only problem is the number of people it usually takes to get a decent transferspeed. If a user has a good upstream connection and doesn´t limit it in anyway, then you can get a good transfer-rate. So if the file you want is only available from one user, you completly depend on his good will and connection.

11. garbo990

garbo990 Guest

If you are disconnected from your host, kazaa will automatically search for that same file elsewhere. such also applies to searching for a faster connection to a file. what's more, you can rate a file very good to very bad. each file also can be sorted by a separate and customizable title, author, etc.. down to the keywords and comments sections which really help you choose what to download! very useful for anime music videos!

12. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Yes, but if only one (1) user has the file you want and he disconnects, then you won´t get the file.

13. theblkone

theblkone Member

Can anyone tell me how to put movies on a cd. I have downloaded movies and can watch them on the computer but I just dont know how to convert them to a cd to watch them on dvd

14. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

theblkone: Read the frigging forum rules, NO UNRELATED QUESTIONS TO THREADS. Start a new thread if you have questions.

15. theblkone

theblkone Member

And how do u start a new thread

16. dRD

By clicking a "Start a new thread" button...

17. A_Klingon

A_Klingon Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but where do I find the button, and how do I press it? Do I need any special software?

(hee-hee) ;-)

-- Me --

18. Ghostdog

Ghostdog Regular member

Some people are just in a hurry. Shouldn´t be too hard to miss the new thread-button though.

19. theblkone

theblkone Member

Well I dont see a new start button so could someone just please tell me where it is

20. dRD

OMG...