What type of CD do I need to backup my games

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by evilDARD, Sep 3, 2005.

1. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

Im new to backing up my games but I have done everything you need to but dont know what type of CD I need. Do i need a CD-R, CD-RW or DVD-R??

I tryed DVD-R but the burning program (I tryed Nero AND DVD Decrypter)acted as if there wasnt a disk in the drive and kept saying please insert a blank disk. What do I do???

2. nevwst

nevwst Regular member

how are you tring to back up your games cos there is no program to my knowledge that can make a backup of an xbox game unless you are making a copy of a a game that has already been backed up i use DVD-R and they do the job for me you need to ftp your xbox and pc providing your xbox has been modded hope this helps

3. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

Well I used the guide at the top of the page and all I need to do is burn the iso to a CD but the burning programs and my PC dont register there being a DVD-R in the drive. Why is this?

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Stick with the DvD-R (minus). If you have a small enough game to fit on a Cd, you will more than likely need to use a CD-RW.

As for your issues with burning, what type of file are you trying to burn to disc?
    If it's an .iso file then all you need to do is:
    - Put the disc in the DvD drive
    - Open NERO
    - Close the New Compilation window that pops up
    - Go to FILE and then OPEN
    - Navigate to the .iso file and open it in NERO
    - Make sure you click finalize disc

[​IMG]

It should burn successfully. Take notes that a low speed has been set. GO WITH THAT.

If have the file as a Game folder (the way it is in the xbox)
    follow this tutorial:
    http://www.teamxecuter.com/qwixnero.htm

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2005
  5. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

yeah, ive done all that it just that when I put the blank DVD-R in the program dosent register it. Could it be because I dont have a DVD burner? I know I can burn things on to a normal CD

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Are you seriously unsure if you have a DvD Burner...?

Well let's figure it out. What does it say on the front panel of the drive? Be specific. It should be something like this:

[​IMG]

7. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

It says:

Compact Disk ReWritable Ultra Speed (like the far left lodo on the pic above)
    and
    DVD ROM

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Well, you don't have a DvD Burner my friend. You can play DvDs but not burn to blank DvD discs with your drive. DVD-ROM.

9. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

Thank you very much!! I will go and buy one. Do you have any reccomendations for brands??

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

OH YES! Here is the link to the ones I have are:
    Sony DRU720A & SONY DRU800A

Since you said you're gonna go buy them I'm sure you mean a PC Store but I'll give you a link so you can at least read about them first.
    One of the best features they have is that they are Dual Layer but all in all good quality. Just type their name/models in Google and search for reviews if you're real curious.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat..._slc.asp?MfrId=792&Nav=|c:482|&Sort=0&Recs=10

11. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

great thanks, very much appreciated!!

12. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You're welcome. Of course there are cheaper models out there $40-$60 range but I think those two are two of the best for the prices.

13. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

I just installed a DVD burner. YAY!!!!

Thanks for your help.

14. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No problem...hope it works out for you now that your trying to burn DvDs with a burner...(SMILE) If you have any issues, just post!

15. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

just one more question, what speed, because the speed on the pic is 4x(5,520kb/s) and mine is 4x(600kb/s)

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Your choice, but a slow speed is always good. In simple terms, there are ultimately less known burn errors to occur when we burn slow.

17. evilDARD

evilDARD Guest

gerat, thank you very, very much for your help.

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

You're welcome. Another tool under your belt now to help other members. ;)