What's the Best Way to Destroy a Laptop?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by jtan189, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

I have an HP Pavilion dv9000t. It has all sorts of problems. I just want to get a new one, and start over. Luckily, I bought a 2 year extended service warranty w/ accidental coverage from HP. I want to destroy my laptop in a way that they have to replace it entirely. I also do not want it to be too obvious that the damage was done purposefully.

What way should I go about this to ensure replacement and not the same laptop back, just with certain parts fixed? I've heard all sorts of stuff: spilling coffee/water, dropping down stairs, microwave, short-circuit, static electricity, bios flashing failure, etc. I don't want to get into the technical aspects of everything, so a simple method would be appreciated.

2. onya

onya Guest

Advocating FRAUD is not one of this sites specialties......sorry for the short answer jtan189. Perhaps reading the warranty and all the fine print will guide you closer to what you want.

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

no, fraud is not a good thing. it's very very bad. and drives up costs for insurance and products for the rest of us.

but here's a good way to do it. close the laptop up, put it in the carry case, and set it on a park bench. have an extraordinarily obese companion sit on it.

new laptop dance time.

4. jazbebies

jazbebies Guest

A mate of mine did something similar but with orange juice, the citrus acidic content of it ruined everything and he managed to get a voucher to spend in store due to the manufacturer no loger making parts for it. also managed to get back his old hard drive from it lol

5. jtan189

jtan189 Regular member

so orange juice would work better than hot coffee?

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed due to stupidity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.