Where is the cd key for windows xp

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Mufasa33, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mufasa33

Mufasa33 Member

Hello, I am having a problem, About a year ago i had bought a pc that had windows xp installed on it. I recently recieved and upgrade cd from the company i bought it from, the only problem is that it did not come with a cd key, and the installation is asking for a cd key. I know that the cd key is somewhere on my computer or in the registry, and i am wondering if anyone out there can tell me where to find it so i can use it to install the software. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. cdcoaster

cdcoaster Member

Hi Mufasa33, I have a program called WindowsXP Product Key Viewer u may b able 2 find it on Kazza that is where i found it or if u like i can email u a copy (it is only 12Kb) just leave an email address.

As u say the reg number is in ur registry but it is encrypted in XP and u need a viewer like this 1 to read it!

3. Mufasa33

Mufasa33 Member

i would love a copy of that if you could please email it to me at (removed-by-admin) that would be a great help! Thanks a ton!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2004
  4. andmerr

andmerr Guest

mufassa33

please edit your post:

(removed-by-admin)

posting your email address is against the rules.Maybe you might read the forum guidelines before you post OR do you like getting spam mail about penis enlargement kits etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2004
  5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

As andmerr said, no email addresses on forums.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.