1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get PS2 exploit utility?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by atommx, Feb 5, 2008.

1. mrripley

mrripley Guest

I was wondering what free mcboot does to the ps2. Is it not possible to put the files onto the memory card for execution on boot. Or does the installer configure other aspects.

2. darockman

darockman Member

FMCB does nothing to modify the PS2. Simply take out the MC with FMCB installed and the PS2 will boot normally. It does not reduce the functionality of the console. All it does is boot first to allow code to run.

3. mrripley

mrripley Guest

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the assistance thus far.

I have the exploit running now but cannot get backup games to work. I have downloaded a game to see if there is an alternative method of reading the disk that someone else may have used but to no joy.

I would greatly appreciate an idea of how to copy my games and which ELF library to load. I have tried ESR, ESR Direct, ESR Off and ESR MC.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Even keen to get another DVD-Writer. Currently using a TSSCorp Lightscribe drive.

Thanks again,
    Ryan

4. ilcmdme

ilcmdme Regular member

Make an image of the game you are backing up with imgburn (you will get an iso), use esr gui patcher to patch the iso (it also patches bin) then write the iso to a dvd.
    When you configure ulaunch, disc control should be off.
    Use esr dvd direct elf to load game.
    Sit back and enjoy.

5. Sirrlee

Sirrlee Member

I am trying to use Independence Compiler myself and I'm having some issues once I get to the "Create Exploit" point. It keeps giving me "Run time error 53, file not found". Not sure if I typed in the scus number wrong, I am doing Legend of Dragoon and the number I typed is SCUS_944.91. Also tried SCUS.944.91/-SCUS_944.91. Any help?

6. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

You may need to install the Visual Basic Runtime files to run that program.
    Or just use the PS2 Exploit Utility 5.1 . Find it on the first page of this thread.

7. Sirrlee

Sirrlee Member

I tried both of those, I'm still getting the same error = / The 5.1 compiler is what I downloaded, but it says 5.0 in the actual program for some reason.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  8. darockman

darockman Member

One step at a time. It's the run time error that you need to fix first before you can do anything else. Listen to Smokey and download the Visual Basic Runtime files.

Talk to us again once you've overcome that.

9. Sirrlee

Sirrlee Member

I already said I had tried that and downloaded the 5.1 compiler as well, still the same error however..

10. darockman

darockman Member

Did you restart your computer? Try it on another computer. Sorry can't provide you with PC support. The apps that we've mentioned should work without any problem.

11. Sirrlee

Sirrlee Member

I have tried it on 2 laptops with Windows Vista, 2 different problems. On mine, it was Runtime error 53, the other was runtime error 239, missing ocx file. Resolved it by right clicking the compiler and hitting "Run as Administrator", such an odd solution to this problem. I scanned acrossed it while browsing other forums. Thanks anywho, and no, those apps weren't the solution to this problem.

12. Sirrlee

Sirrlee Member

Btw, just checking, is typing SCUS-94491 the correct way to type in the cd-id for Legend Of Dragoon?

13. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

No, the correct way to enter is: SCUS_944.91

The run time error 53 is that windows can't find a file. It should say what file its trying to locate.
    So not sure in your case.

14. Sirrlee

Sirrlee Member

Okay, cool, I already figured that out = ) I already got everything setup though, and I am already playing games offa my HDLoader ^_^ Not sure why I would get a run time 53 error because I didn't initially do "Run as administrator", but I really don't care so much now. Thanks anywho!

15. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Cool glad you got it sorted out and are playing now.

Now that you have the exploit set up and can play off the hdd, you can install fmcb 1.8 to your mc and then be able to load hddloader right off the mc.

http://bootleg.sksapps.com/tutorials/fmcb/

16. Sirrlee

Sirrlee Member

I already did all of that, did it all in one swipe = ) I have an SNES emulator, CogSwap, HDLoader .08c and FMCB all on my memory card. I have the patch also to allow hard drives above 137GB. One last thing though, is there an exploit to make HDLoader read/retain PSX games/DVD's? Right now I can only get ps2 games on mine = /

17. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Cool.
    Nope sorry, PS1 games won't work on a hdd or a USB drive.

If you have a V9 PS2, you can use Ulaunch.elf to play PS1 backups.

For now ffgriever is still working on getting PS1 games to work using fmcb.

18. keemyb

keemyb Member

Hello darockman,
    Sorry to bother you but I have a problem.
    I'd say I'm fine with your tutorial up until the point where you actually copy over your file to the memory card using the xploder software (I do not have x-link, just the cd) I Have opened my generated .xps file in save builder 0.8, and saved them as BEDATA-SYSTEM as all of the formats aswell as renaming them to .ps2. When I copy them over the name doesnt change to independance exploit, and I still have an x-ploder icon in the ps2 browser.
    Do I just need to copy the .ps2 file, or have it in a folder named BEDATA-SYSTEM aswell when I copy it over.

Thanks in advance,
    keemy

19. darockman

darockman Member

Hi Keemy,

Yeah mine didn't come with a cable either... So it was very difficult trying to find information on how to do it with Xploder.

Okay you should have a copy of the BEDATA-SYSTEM.ps2 exploit that you have created on your USB stick.

In Xploder go to Memory manager and have your USB stick as the Source and the PS2 memory card as the other.

I can't remember if the Xploder memory manager can see directories but to be safe place the BEDATA-SYSTEM.ps2 file in the root of the USB stick.

Now you should be able to select the BEDATA-SYSTEM.ps2 file and copy to ps2 memory card. That should do it. I really had trouble with other file formats. Bloody Xploder would not allow you to copy them over but what I have mentioned should work for you too.

Good luck!!!

As you should already know the ps1 exploit only works on the FAT PS2 models. However this will not prevent you from copying the exploit to the ps2 memory card via Xploder.

20. keemyb

keemyb Member

Thanks for everyhting so far darockman,
    but I cant see where i'm going wrong.
    Ive got my title.db formatted like this SLES_000.00,
    And (re)compiled everything about 15 times in exploit utility 5.0, added cogswap, fcmb, the snes emulator and then updated the ulauch BOOT.ELF to v4.38.
    After exporting my xps file, I open it using save builder 0.8, and save as a .md file with the name BEDATA-SYSTEM, which I then rename to BEDATA-SYSTEM.ps2 and copy to my usb stick.
    Over on the xploder memory card manager, I format my memorycard, and then copy over BEDATA-SYSTEM.ps2, but when I copy it the name dosent change and I have an xploder icon in the ps2 browser.

Do you know what im doing wrong