Which is the Best

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by ankydu, Nov 19, 2005.

1. ankydu

ankydu Member

Hello Guyz,
    I am new to this forum. For the first time I am gonna buy a Camcorder. And I have Finalized on 3 models. The Sony DCR-HC90, the sony PC1000 Cam and the Canon Optura 600 Cam. Now I am confused as I had read in reviews something negative about each of these cams like the hc90 is best for low light performance and has infrared mode for complete dark recording but lacks manual control and stills are so so, the pc1000 records really crisp video but also records lots of camera noise and low light performance is not as good as the hc90 and also lacks infrared mode, and about the canon I read that all of the canon`s suck in low light, but read in reviews the the optura 600 is good in low light as well plus takes good stills as well, but nobody mentioned about the availability of infrared mode in this cam. for me Price is no bar, but I want one from these 3 only, and that too the best one from these three. Please advice me about which one is the best and an all-rounder between these three which is good for still photography as well.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2005
  2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

Hi ankydu,
    Unless there is somebody around here that owns all three camcorders, giving a sound advice is almost impossible. Each user hase different weights for different aspects. It seesm that you already did a quite thorough investigation, but you may not have checked this site:
    http://www.camcorderinfo.com
    They have reviews looking at all aspects and at the end they rate the models for different type of users.