Which of the two headphones below is better???

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Ray92, Jul 18, 2008.

1. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

I'm planning on buying a pair of BIG headphones (I beleive there called hi-fi or sumthin), and these two are the only ones that fit my budget and are availible where I'm staying

1 -- http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/catalogId/1500001001/partNumber/5340899.htm

2 -- http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...001&langId=-1&searchTerms=5340882&Submit=GO+>

I have the catalouge open in front of me and it says that both have IN-LINE VOLUME CONTROL, and BASS BOOST

Could someone please tell me which one of these is better in terms of sound quality and performance

Thanks, much appreciated

Thanks

2. fulhack

fulhack Member

From my experience you get what you pay for when you buy headphones. You're not saying what you're going to use them for, but I wouldn't count on getting any good audio from either one of those, sorry.

Now.. I haven't tried them, so I can't really tell you anything about them.. If you're willing to shell out a few more pounds though, have a look at Sennheiser's PX series. I used to own a pair of PX200 which I liked a lot. They aren't THAT much more expensive than what you linked to.

3. crof27

crof27 Member

Ray i have to agree with fullhack. You get wot you pay for ie: a £10 pair of headphones will never sound as good as a £100 pair. The main difference's are: What you are plannin on using them for? DJing? (buy a pair with external sound reducing qualities) Personal use? ( same but not as much )the metals used for the wires , the type and quality of the speakers in the headphone itself and the connectors can play a part in the sound (ie: the type of metal they are also made of) Read up about headphones and the various types you can buy and set yourself to buy the best quality that you can afford. You shouldn't go wrong.

4. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Thanks for the info, I was just going to use them for listening to my ipod on the bus to and from school and so on.

I tried regular earphones, in-ear ones, and even neckband ones, so I thought I'd give these a try without shelling out too much cash

But I appreciate it if u gave me links to a site in the UK that carries the brand you mentioned, and which model in particular is closed to 10 quid

Thanks

5. fulhack

fulhack Member

I'm not in the UK, so the only UK electronics site I know of is Amazon, I'm sure you can get a better deal elsewhere, but they carry both PX100 and PX200.

PX200 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...Q/ref=pd_sbs_ce?ie=UTF8&qid=1216503146&sr=8-1

PX100 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1216503277&sr=1-1

These phones sit "on" your ear and not "around" it, they aren't closed. IIRC they cancel sounds pretty well, the person sitting next to you will not be able to hear what you're playing unless it's extremely loud either.

Definitely go for the PX200 if you can afford 'em. Perhaps you can try them first in a local Hi-Fi store?

6. Ray92

Ray92 Regular member

Thanks for the tips

I'll look elsewhere for these, but I might have to end up buying the PX 100 even though I want to get the 200s beacuse they are a little too procey for me.

Thanks anyway