Why does my trucks stereo work for short while then quits and resets everything?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by mxams, Oct 14, 2009.

1. mxams

mxams Member

I have an 83 chevy pickup with a pioneer head unit. I will turn the head unit on and use either the radio, aux input, cd, or usb input and it will work for maybe thirty seconds and then quit. It will also quit after a while even on the clock function. When it quits it resets all my audio settings and the clock setting. After that it wont come back on for a couple hours at the least. I know that the wires to my speakers and subs is good as i replaced all of the speaker wire new in an attempt to fix the problem. I also know the head unit is good as i have switched it with a new one and the same thing happens. Does anyone have an idea as to what is causing this and what is neccessary to fix it?

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i would of said its your wiring straight away but since you checked that it could be your battery doesn't have enough power for the sterio.it could be the wires connecting your sterio to the battery have you checked them???

3. mxams

mxams Member

i just ran a new ground wire and a new positive wire and now i have nothing

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

it sounds like your wired it wrong,blown a fuse or blown the sterio.i think you should take it somewhere professional and get them to have a look at it.