why wont my ripped back-ups work??

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by theridges, Nov 22, 2005.

1. theridges

theridges Guest

ok i dont know what im doing wrong but this is whats happening
    i have halo 2 my friend wants it he has a softmodded box i did it for him.
    when i copy halo 2 through ftp to my computer its too big to fit on a dvd 5 to i delete the live files there is 3 of them. then i turn all the files into an Xiso and burn it but when he puts the game in it starts then a black screen comes up and says that the disc maybe be scratched can anybody help???

2. CauseLs

CauseLs Regular member

Why don't you just skip burning to a DVD and just FTP it to his xbox? If you do it that way, an easy solution is just to use Quix from the Avalaunch website. You can create a game iso through ftp and then send it to his xbox.

3. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

1. what type and brand of media did you burn the disc to?
    2. What version is the xbox?
    3. What files did you delete?

I know that the older xboxs are picky on media. you should buy some verbatim dvd+rs and burn with dvd decrypter in iso write mode with booktype to dvd-rom if possible.

4. theridges

theridges Guest

my box is a ver 1.0 i have burned other games that i downloaded onto memorex and verbatim media (imation,tdk and office depot didnt work)
    the 3 files i deleted are dashupdate,update and one other one.

5. theridges

theridges Guest

causels he has the standard hard drive so it wouldnt even fit...

6. Jondrew

Jondrew Regular member

does the other one happen to be default.xbe. if it is burn it again with that file as it is always needed. you dont need update or dashupdate though and did you try updating your firmware as that seems to be why the other media was not recognized and possibly why it burnt those discs wrong. do not use memorex. they are crap and can damage your burner and xbox trying to read them. use verbatim or office depot that you had are taiyo yuden, the best media there is.
    xbox 1.0 doesnt read +rs that well i would try -rs

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005