Wierd screen scrolling

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Vampiro93, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Vampiro93

Vampiro93 Regular member

Hey guys its been a long while huh... ok i got a very wierd scrolling problem, i realised its not the drives or mouse i reinstalled drivers and even changed them so heres a vid....

http://www.youtube.com/v/DCWGFdV-YJE

IGNORE THE BLACK THING ON THE SCREEN its just the way it goes down...
    and it also happens while scrolling a folder Please help!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2008
  2. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

happened to me when i was forced to use safe mode for awhile, im not 100% sure what causes it but its definitely in graphics somewhere. do you have a graphics card or is it just the default one in the motherboard? try updating your display drivers from the company of the graphics card or computer website.

3. diver94

diver94 Member

It looks like a faulty graphics card to me

but it somes happends to me when my CPU is running at full people one of my programs has frozen or something, or when i have alot of programs open it makes everything run slow

4. Vampiro93

Vampiro93 Regular member

hhey thx dudes, well i cant find my graphics card cd and so i cant update the drivers... but this happened after i formatted, it was perfect before this, could it be anything i can change on the pc?..

thx

5. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

just go to video card company website (nvidia/ati) and the latests downloads for the cards will be there

6. Vampiro93

Vampiro93 Regular member

Hey DDR god thx alot dude, i shouldve thought of that... thing is its working ok now, a little slow but i changed the hertz and now its ok... is it recomendable to put it at 85HZ?

its a 3ghz pentium D with a graphic card of Geforce 6600 MX

i downloaded the 6000 series but not mx so i dont know

thx for all the help guys i appreciate it :D AD STILL RULES xd

EDIT ARG!!! JUST FOUND THE VGA CD pfff thx though and i think ill disinstall the driver i jsut put in and install the cd one cause i guess its the correct one rihgt?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  7. DDRgod922

DDRgod922 Regular member

if it has anything about Nvidia written on the disc im positive it has the correct driver on it and it will work like before you formatted

def cannot forget about all the help the AD gave =P

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  8. Vampiro93

Vampiro93 Regular member

HEY dudes thx alot, my pc is working fine... al drivers installed hehe nvdia and wmd drivers and everything super organized... ill be seeing u guys later

THX and moderator u may close this thread.. its no use i think

9. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

That scoll in the vid looked to me like something is using 100% of your CPU. I noticed you were scrolling while filming it. If you notice the line only showed up when it did scroll.

This happens because a scoll has a refresh rate. If the processor is not available to move fast enough (due to 100% CPU usage.)it will create that line while it tries to finish the scroll. The line should only show inside of the window on what your scrolling not the whole screen.

If changeing the card indeed fixed you then drive on. I would however suggest you check for viruses and check out your processes.

-Del