Wifi issues

Discussion in 'Android Phones' started by tali1, Sep 11, 2023.

1. tali1

tali1 Regular member

My phone wifi is very poor in rear room.(this is symptomatic of both ISPs i have had)I need something to boost wifi in that room (not mobile signal boosters) It seems i need to get a usb wifi booster to plug into router.However, is there a usb-c wifi booster i can connect directly into my phone instead ?
    I assume i can't use a powerline adaptor as that needs wired to device .Or do i need to get wifi -repeater ?- and i assume that would mean connecting wifi repeater to the router ?

2. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Have your tried moving your router in small increments both vertical and horizontal and then testing the signal? I had a similar issue and I resolved it by connecting my PC and moving my router to a different location or about 10 feet total. You would be surprised the difference a small change in placement can make.

3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Can't you just extend the connection. I know cable/coax and Ethernet are both extendable.

4. tali1

tali1 Regular member

Previous router was in a different room (loft) - still had same issues.Rear room is a dead spot

5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what is the router sitting on as in floor, table or book shelf?