1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Downgrader released.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ggbarnum, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Nihil_il

Nihil_il Member

So after doing all the soft modding I have an odd issue...

My wired sensor bar doesn't work. It's like something in the firmware got messed up and it's not getting power from the Wii itself. Now I already have a Nyko wireless bar, so I have a work around, but sometimes I can't find batteries or something and it's nice to have the wired bar just in case. Anyone else have this happen and/or have a fix?

2. alene

alene Member

I have gotten the downgrader to work and I am now running on 3.2u. Problem is that now anytime I try to run some of my new (purchased) games from the disk, the wii says that we must update and we can't play the disk unless we do. I am sure that other people have run into this problem and have found a fix for it, so I am probably just asking google the wrong questions, but is there any way around this? How do I play my 2008 games on 3.2? We were able to play them prior to updating and then downgrading, what has changed? Can it be fixed?

I really appreciate any help.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  3. tony996

tony996 Member

downloaded required files HBC channels seems to be downloaded fine but nothing comes up, when i start HBC it starts but i have no options and does not run anthing??? Have wii ver 3.3u
    again so there is not confusion
    After i install THC i can not install the rest of the programs needed to make it work. Need help, thank you

4. amast

amast Member

Hi ,
    Just to clarify .My wii is on 3.3j & willkey 1.9s.I have no problem play game that i download from the net.Only the need for speed europe version.It show black screen after loaded.All my wii game like sonic unleashed,muscle impact,championship football,high school musical 3 ,all working fine.Do I still need to downgrade my wii firmware?May I know what is truched signed game.I don't have TP & homebrew channel install in my wii.
    Pls advised

5. question5

question5 Member

Ok, I have read through all 9 pages. I just want to reconfirm that whether I CANNOT downgrade because:

- no mod chip installed
    - no homebrew channel installed
    - don't have a legit copy of Twilight Princess (unable to buy or find a legit one)

Am I screwed? My new US wii was 3.3U, but I upgraded it to 3.4U. I was told I couldn't mod it unless it's downgraded back to 3.2U.

Thanks a lot for your kind assistance.

6. tony996

tony996 Member

never mind got it... oh wait one last thing i can install the first two things on the wii, but i don't have the file to install hd loader... do anyone know where it is or did i mess something up????

7. pangster

pangster Member

If you run WII Starfall through the HBC you can configure one of the options to skip the disc update check - more info here:

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_apps/Starfall

I've recently upgraded my JAP Wii from 3.2J to 3.2U today and also installed Starfall and it works great! :)

HTH

8. vxw

vxw Member

Hey guys,

I have a JAP Wii with mod chip installed. What would happen if downgrade my Wii from 3.3J to 3.2U? Will the menus display in English? Can I play original US games? Any adverse effect to my Wii? Thanks!!

9. DracosDar

DracosDar Member

Hey there folks, have been searching for some help and advice and this looks like the best place, i am looking to downgrade my wii so i can run the backup loader, i have the homebrew channel running aok, and everthing else seems to work, excpet that cios installer wont work have come to the conclusion that i need to downgrade to get it to work, however after following instructions from this thread i hit a stumbling block,
    first i have the rev prog and the wad file (correct size) in there relevent places on the sd card but when i run rev i get the following error message (ret = -2011)
    does anyone have any ideas about what causes this. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    my system is un chipped.
    Thanks

10. coltal

coltal Member

Hi ive been trying all morning to downgrade, through homebrew read lots, tried differnet files from links on this and other sites that dont seem to work. Did install h/b ok.
    , anyway ive got a jap version with wiikey already fitted when i got it, updated wii key from disk, played most things i threw at it, but it was still semi bricked, the reason i wanted to downgrade, searched on google "Semi-Bricked Wii? We have the Awnser!"
    (dont know if we can post links) and d/l iso wrote it to disk and hey presto setting backs...happy now.....f/w down to 3.2j
    ntsc iso and euro one on there as well... wrote at 2 speed imgburn sony 16 speed -r.... search as it ses answer spelt awnser cos it wont find it other wise..

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  11. xetan2

xetan2 Guest

i went to that site and downloaded the rar file extracted the iso and burnt it to a disc...how do i run it? do i use the homebrew channel and use like wiigator or some sort of back-up loader? or how does it work

12. coltal

coltal Member

xetan2 just write iso to disk , i used sony 16s dvd-r, put in wii turn on and boot up ...it does the rest.. cheers colin..

13. alene

alene Member

Thank you pangster! Starfall worked great, I am up and running.

14. pangster

pangster Member

no problem! :)

15. ramtuji

ramtuji Member

I am getting error

> Reading "IOS37-64-v2070.wad"...OK
    > Patching and installing Custom IOS please wait....
    >> Installing ticket... ERROR! (ret = -2011)
    > [Error] Custom IOS could not be installed! (ret = -2011)

Please help.....

16. xetan2

xetan2 Guest

ok i wrote it to a disc put it in my wii and it won't boot, i've tried using my wiigator gamma too and nothing will boot it, does it matter what speed i burn it at?

17. yoyo497

yoyo497 Guest

Works Good for me ^^. thanks alot. ( exually something strange happend after downgrading my wii.) when I wanted to play a Jap. game before I first needed to load the freeloader disk but now I can play Jap. games without using the freeloader xD ( on my Europe wii ). I dont know what happend but I like it :D

18. number41

number41 Member

okay can some one please help me! im using version 3.4u on my wii. i have the hombrew channel installed already the only issue i have is downgrading. i have the ios37.wad file but im un able to find the rev3 installer. im unsure what im looking for could someone please send me the link to the installer and give me some directions on how to do all of this. i would greatly apperciate this. thanks

19. uiucpeng

uiucpeng Member

hi guys, I've been trying this for a couple hours and can't figure it out.

I have:
    1. installed homebrew using TP hack (3.3u is my current version)
    2. i can go to homebrew and i can see the install files i need to install
    3. i installed, in the following order, - a. cIOS36_rev8-Installer b. Install Shop IOS61 c. Wii Firmware Updater 4.0 by waninkoko, all through homebrew by putting these in the apps folder of the SD card

Now, the install seemed fine, but I don't see any of these apps in the homebrew channel. The only things I see on the homebrew channel are the install files in the SD card (as if I didn't install anything). I thought I was supposed to see the installed apps on the homebrew channel, not just the install files in the apps directory. Any clue what I'm doing wrong here? I downloaded the cIOS and firmware updater from http://www.wii4everybody.com/2009/03/install-wii-firmware-update-40-with.html. Also when asked for the WAD file I did the network install which went fine. Thanks very much!

20. SProdigy

SProdigy Regular member

If you are getting the Homebrew Channel to load, make sure you have the SD card inserted in the Wii and loaded with the applications/files as follows:

Make sure that the applications are in a folder called "apps". If your SD card is letter E: for example, the full path would be "E:\apps\wadmanager" for example, with all of the necessary files within "wadmanager" for that particular application.

For wads themselves, they need to be saved in a folder called "wads", such as "E:\wads".

Hope this helps.