1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Duplicate Channel Remover

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by firefox13, Mar 23, 2008.

1. firefox13

firefox13 Regular member

This is a program that will remove the duplicate channels from your wii. You can either burn the iso or use the elf file with the twilight hack. This is not my program, but it has been tested and seems to work just fine so far.

EDIT: A new version has been released.
    Source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=81198
    Download: http://waninkoko.wiinewz.com/Wii_Channel_Remover_v2.zip

Source: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=79588

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Worked on my USA Wii with Jap duplicated channels. Used the ISO burned with IMGBurn and just inserted it and ran it and it deleted the duplicated channels.

Great find firefox13 I requested it be stickied.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Nice fine firefox13
    This comes up quite a bit so your post should help a lot of members out.
    Stickied.

4. juniR

juniR Guest

I missed this sticky and opened a new thread with the following links... sorry but in any case here are my sources. The second link talks about the Nintendo update - there have been 2 minor online updates in the last week and it's the second one that potentially affects the Trucha exploit in the future.... just in case ppl didn't know that there were 2 in a couple of days cos I wouldn't know if I hadn't read it the other day.

Link to article about dupe removal
    http://wii.qj.net/Wii-Duplicated-Channel-Remover-v1-0m-multiregion-version-/pg/49/aid/116555

Link to article about Nintendo's most recent update
    http://wii.qj.net/Yesterday-s-Wii-s...37-deals-with-Trucha-exploit/pg/49/aid/116520

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  5. Alluro

Alluro Member

I tried this on my semibricked wii NTSC-U and it worked brilliantly!!!

no more duplicate channels

great job guys

6. yeek

yeek Member

Worked for me too.

7. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Sweet man!! Thanks! I was getting tired of having 3 weather and news channels :)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  8. dolanmiu

dolanmiu Member

This works, deleted my duplicate channels, and original ones are still functional! thanks!

9. juniR

juniR Guest

EDIT - the text below in italics pertains to version 1 and should be ignored now. Version 2 seems to be the "proper" remover rather than a hiding mechanism and this edit is made because anybody reading this thread might be misled if they took that information as current.

Just a heads up cos ppl may be under some illusion here - It is actually just that - an illusion. The channels are still there, hidden with a much higher version number than before so any updates to those channels i.e. through running an update from another out of region game won't overwrite them and they will stay hidden.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
  10. dolanmiu

dolanmiu Member

omg, i hope this is not true, or else the person who made this is a liar.
    I was reading the commands of the homebrew when it was being executed, and it was displaying "Searching for suplicate channels, deleting channels etc". Unless that could be a lie also

11. juniR

juniR Guest

LOL

It's not a lie imo. It "removes" them from view and you never see them again and you don't have to think about them coming back. Also source links are provided in this thread. They are there for the very purpose of giving readers the opportunity to verify info for themselves and find out how things work and if you follow up you can read exactly what goes on. I like it myself. I'm just happy to know there are guys out there that can actually get in and change stuff like this. I think that despite the fact it's only a superficial thing and I can't see the dupes anymore, it's quite reassuring myself.

EDIT - please read my previous post carefully for an update.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2008
  12. LuisOscar

LuisOscar Member

I heard something about, if you erase all data from your wii (from the settings) the chanels will go away, you just have to back up your saves on an sd first, is it true?

thanks

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No it is not true. Do you think there would be a reason for an application like this if it was as easy as formating the Wii?

14. Ozzy1980

Ozzy1980 Member

I burned it on cd and also tried it on dvd and couldnt get it to work... just got an error that it couldnt read the disk...

15. juniR

juniR Guest

CD doesn't work - the Wii doesn't read CDs!

Try Verbatim DVD-R @ 4x using imgburn cos I'm betting your problem is media/and or burner program & settings.

16. Ozzy1980

Ozzy1980 Member

I have used imgburn and Ritek DVD-R's for games before and they work great but for some reason this one doesnt work... my MOD chip is The D2Pro... not sure if that causes issues

17. juniR

juniR Guest

Well this isn't a Wii game so you can't go by past success and I'd still suspect media - and I've used Riteks as well myself - not as good as Verbs in my experience.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2008
  18. Ozzy1980

Ozzy1980 Member

Ok I will give them a try... thnx

19. firefox13

firefox13 Regular member

Version 2 is out. I updated my original post with the source and the download link. I'm not really sure what's different, but apparently it works better than version 1.

20. juniR

juniR Guest

Pulls the channels out completely rather than hiding them and can be run even if version 1 has already been used.

However, if you go to play an out of region game that has an update then you might be prompted to take it and that would give you the dupe channels again - i.e. you need to brick block the game to stop them. Ppl are reporting that SSBB for instance is asking to update after they have run the dupe channel remover version 2. This is even after they previously updated using the game, before the channel removal. So if the channels aren't there the game disk updater will try and put them in. Another option to avoid this is freeloader (for now anyway). I'll have a look at it tomorrow I guess.