1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii (Error #002) How to resolve this problem ???

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Gameniak, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Gameniak

Gameniak Member

Dear Friends,

I have been researching over this issue for past few days, read several blogs, checked out many videos but still i am unable to burn my downloaded Wii Games.

Also i have read threads of littleduk, fiber32, larrylie and mamy more, truly speaking i am very impressed with the amouint of knowledge you people have and also the way you people have helped so many people by solving there problems..

This is the reason y i chose this forum to get the solution to my problems :)

My Wii console information -
    Firmware Version - 3.2u,

I got it Soft Modded and I have following options on my wii menu page -

The Homebrew Channel Beta 7, Backup Loader 0.3 (Wii.gator3), Geckos (Wiird/RF beta editon).

Now coming back to the point, I have downloaded iso's of 3 games and have burned them using nero 7 & imgburner 2.2 with my Sony DVD RW AW-G540A ATA (Model No) DVD writer and i have used WriteX DVD+R Blank Media to burn these images. When i load a burnt disk in my back up loader after reading for few seconds it gives me an error message which is not readable as it gets overlaped but i could manage to understand few words like DVD CONTENT ERROR and after few seconds it goes back to the wii gator menu page. till now i have already wasted 5 DVDs as i was hit n trying evrything possible but now no other option is left, so need your help friends.

I hope i'll get a response soon.
    Till then i'll be waiting !!! :))

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure you have the cIOS installed for Wiigator to work.

You also should use better media. Cheap media can cause read errors.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  3. Gameniak

Gameniak Member

Thanks for the reply, buddy i am a newbie so you need to be little more specific. Also there is one thing which I forgot to mention that I bought few p***ted games from the market and they work well with the backup loader channel/wii gator3, So do i still need cIOS installer or it's it already installed.

i checked out near by stores, they have media's of SONY, MOSERBAER, IMATION, HP. Please guide me which DVD media should use.

Is there any issue with +r or -r.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Verbatim or Tayio Yuden are the most popular used in the scene. But if you can not get your hands on those then all I can say is try different media (I would start with Sony out of the list you gave above) till you find some that work.

More then likely this is a media issue. DVD-R will be better compatible. Use IMGBurn and burn at 4X speed.

5. Gameniak

Gameniak Member

Sure, i'll try it n i hope this works. There is another thing which i am not able to understand, that on the game which i have bought from the market, its written DVD ROM and when i insert it in my comp it srill shows DVD ROM unlike my blank media where it shows DVD+R, why is it so and what media they have used ?

6. Seewolf78

Seewolf78 Member

This does sound like a media problem to me after reading your reply. If you're still having problems, or you can't find a good source for the disks larrylje suggested (they are the best option in most cases), I've personally found that tdk dvd-rs are a very workable media type with my wii and two friends wiis as well. I've not been able to find them in most chain stores nearby (walmart, target, kmart, etc.), but I did find 10 and 50 packs at my local Rite-Aid Drug Store. Hope this helps, and I wish you luck!

7. Gameniak

Gameniak Member

Thanks a ton friends, my problem got resolved....i am soooo happy..thanks once again !!! I bought 2 Verbatim 2 Tdk disks 3 Sony disks, all DVD-R from market and then burnt them using Imgburn at 2X..It worked great.

In total I had 4 iso's and I burnt all 4 of them but there is some problem with 2 of my games :

1. Moto GP - This gives me a Error# 002 with a blue screen
    2. Mario Party 8 - The moment I click on play game button I get a read disk error message with a black screen

Please help in resolving this problem also.

One more thing after the Imgburn process got completed and the disk verification was being done i got error message "unable to read sector", but the games are working fine as of now, so are ther any chances that in future those games will give me error ??

8. drakoniss

drakoniss Regular member

error 02 is common and has been handled a long time ago with new loaders which remove the 002 issue so use a new loader with the right cios.

as for your 2nd issue your iso that you downloaded is corrupt if imgburn is giving you those unable to read sector problems. Iso files for wii games are 4.37 gigs, burn them at 4x on verbatim -r if they dont work its problems with your wii when it comes to either wrong cios or loader. As for having issues on your computer well redownload it or recopy your backups to get it to work.

9. Gameniak

Gameniak Member

Buddy I got my wii softmodded last week only, so i think the software installed should be the latest one, Also i am able to run my other wii games like smack down, fifa09 etc, please correct me if i am wrong.

Software Information -

The Homebrew Channel Beta 7,
    Backup Loader 0.3 (Wii.gator3),
    Geckos (Wiird/RF beta editon).

What is cIOS and how can i update loader ?

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you are getting the #002 error then you do not have the latest updates.

You can go HERE and follow the Install homebrew channel section to update to cIOS36_rev10 and the WiiGator #002 fixed gamma channel.

11. Gameniak

Gameniak Member

I dont have original Zelda Game now, can I do it without zelda as already i have installed the launcher & HBC once ??

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you have the Homebrew Channel already installed then yes you can skip that step and go straight to the Install homebrew channel section.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  13. Gameniak

Gameniak Member

Thanks a lot buddy...it worked n now i can play the third game also..yippiiii !!!!!

You people simply rockkk :) :)

God Bless You All !!!!

14. woutie

woutie Member