1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Firmware Updates, Wii and WiiKey Resources

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by rafadawn, Dec 8, 2007.

1. alexugoku

alexugoku Member

So i used this link to get them: http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/Wii/WiiKey/ .
    Now the game won't update, it says to Check my connection (the internet connection? do i need internet to run the update?). I tried to do this, like some guy on a forum said:
    It worked, but i have the same problem. Also, i can't run the 1.2 config (HEX) disk and neither the 1.4.
    And if that is the problem, i repeat the question: "Does anyone know how to revert the games updates?"

2. PokerPete

PokerPete Member

I have a chipped wii, that worked fine until i had a problem with me drive, wasn't reading any discs. Then I softmodded my wii, it is a dream now plays all the games no updates. everyone should try it

3. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Have you tried the recovery disc

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2/638999#3913875

http://www.teambadattitude.co.uk/Wii/WiiKey/1.9b.recover.zip

There is no safe way that I know of to downgrade from 4.2
    There are tutorials on the net about downgrading from 4.2 to 3.2, but most end up in bricking their wii.
    And even if you still wanted to try it, you would need to softmod your wii anyway.

You could just install the 4.2 softmod and then you can play anything

http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f...d_guide-all_systems_except_for_korean-823377/

Be safe,not sorry

4. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Hi Guys,

I have tried the WiiKey 1.95 update disc and WiiKey Config 1.95 disc on my 3.1E Wii and the Update failed and the config disc did not read.

So I updated my Wii to 4.3e and tried again but still the update and config discs dont work.

Is there anything else I can do that will fix these errors.

The errors I am getting relate to the new back up discs I have just purchased around 12 of them.

They are all give me error 001 disc cannot be read.

All old back ups still play fine though?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom

5. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Is there a 4.3, you must mean 4.2e
    Not sure why you would update first, I guess you thought that was the problem.

I would try using the same brand of discs you used before.
    Did you burn the images using imgburn. What speed did you burn at?

6. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Hi Smokyrain, thanks for the reply. As mentioned I got the discs of a friend when my Wii was at V3.1 or 3.4e (sorry can't remember) I tried them but they did not work. So I then updated to 4.2e ( you were right again sorry my mistake) and tried running them again. I have had the discs twice of two different friends and neither work on either version.

I am just at a loss as to where to go next?

Is there any kind of Mod that can be done @ home that I would be able to follow. I'll be honest I am not very technical but with a guide I can quickly learn other things but Mods etc just seem too technical and not sure if its because it is or because I have never tried to tackle myself in the past?

Thanks again,

Tom

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

alcon38, yes you can install a softmod

This guide is well written and easy to do as long as you read and follow each step

I had just posted above a few posts, with info on using recovery discs for the wiikey, and the link to the guide is in it.

This link will take you to my post above

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/87/597460#4989487

as Dailun had said above also, I think its best to have a soft mod along with the wiikey as there probably will not be any new firmware for that chip.

8. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Thanks Smoky rain, I appreciate your help! I will get the guides and post back. I just wasn't sure if I could do it myself.

Again thanks for taking the time to assist me.

Tom

9. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

No problem Tom. If you have any questions after reading the guide and before you begin. Feel free to ask. One of us will help you.

10. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Thanks mate.

11. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Ok sorry to mither again but I have just realised that my Toshiba Sat L350 has no SD card reader (how garbage is that??) My old Acer has but the screen is goosed!

The guide specifically says do not use micro sd (shame as I have loads of these lying around) Is there an adapter or anything I can use or I am best just downloading the files using someone elses computer and bringing the SD back to mine to do the mod?

I checked my daughter's laptop which we got her for Xmas Advent Roma 3000 and that doesn't have one either. Are they being phased out or something??

TIA

Tom

12. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Oh that is crappy. I just have lots of external readers I use for SD etc. I only have one laptop also that has SD card reader.

I am thinking either use someone elses computer to put the files on the SD card, or hook up an external monitor to your Acer laptop and use it.

Yeah the guide is right, its best too use SD card.

13. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Cheers Smoky, my brother is bring his round today so hopefully will be done by tonight. :)

14. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Hey Smoky,

Got the pack and have started to do the mod, but when I get to the Hermes' IOS 222/223 section.

It loads the cIOS installer and lets me press A at the warning screen but then the Wii mote loses sync?? :(

Any idea's?

Im going to nip town now and try and pick up a gamecube remote as I'm sure I read in a post here that this could be a problem.

Your advice is needed again! Thanks Tom.

15. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Hey Tom

Ok you don't want to use the gamecube controller.
    The tutorial says : DISCONNECT (VERY IMPORTANT): any Game Cube controller, Game Cube Memory Card and USB Device from the Wii system.

Is your remote fully charged? I am not sure the problem there.

If it keeps happening you might want to post a new question in the wii section on that issue.

Do have another remote to use?

16. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Hi Smoky,

I have 2 wiimotes and they are fully charged and I have just bought another from town just and still not working.

I think I will try and start from the beginning again and if the same problem happens I will post a new thread as you said.

Thanks again for coming back to me!

Tom

17. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Ok no problem.

Just stick with the section you are on which I posted below.
    So its not an initializing error, but just that you can't use the wii remote all of a sudden.
    You press A, but then can't use D-pad to press left/right, is that correct?

Yeah if you still have issue, then just ask larrylje , the same as you posted here.

Launch the HBC and load the cIOS 222 installer.
    Press A at the warning screen.
    Select IOS249 to perform the install with D-pad left/right and push A
    Select to Install Custom IOS 222 and select IOS38 merged with IOS37.
    Make sure you get installation complete. If you do not and get an error then rerun this step again.

Launch the HBC and load the cIOS 222 installer.
    Select IOS249 to perform the install
    This time select Custom IOS 223 and select IOS38 merged with IOS60.
    Make sure you get installation complete. If you do not and get an error then rerun this step again.

INITIALIZING ERROR:

If you get a Initializing error when installing Hermie's 222/223 then do the below steps.

Do the DOWNGRADE IOS15/PATCH IOS36/RESTORE IOS15 again (make sure they do not give any errors).

Follow the ANY TITLE DELETER section again. If there is no IOS222 IOS223 IOS249 or IOS250 then don't worry about deleting them. If they are listed then delete them (you will get error messages with AnyTitleDeleter so ignore them).

Follow the cIOS38_rev14 section again. Make sure you select IOS36 for the IOS to run the installer with and you select NETWORK Install (DO NOT SELECT WAD INSTALL). Make sure it installs with no error.

Now try doing the Hermie's IOS222/223 section again.

18. alcon38

alcon38 Member

Hey Smoky,

I restarted the process at the "Downgrade IOS15" section and all is running smooth now. I think when looking back when I was doing the AnyTitleDeleter section the IOS's were not deleting but on the second attempt I could see them deleting.

Just want to say Thanks for all your help and time in responding to the posts and I owe you an E-Beer!!

Big thanks to LarrieLJE also for putting the guide together, it's very easy to follow and I'd spent hours trawling the net to get my backups to play.

Thanks again Smoky for putting this guide my way.

All the best Tom!

19. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Hey Tom

Your welcome

Glad to hear you got it working

Yes all larrylje's guides are awesome. They are the best!!

Oh and I will wait for summer and take you up on the E-Beer!!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  20. ydel

ydel Member

hi got myself a wii just want to update my firmware from a 3.1e to a 3.2e cheers ppl