1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Sports Resort 001 Error

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Newnie, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Newnie

Newnie Regular member

Hey Peeps!! Well i know all about the 002 error but i have no clue on what to do with a 001 error. Im using Verbatim-R with Rev 13 NeoGamma 4. Its all in japanese but i know its 001 cause i see the numbers...any help?

2. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

Wii Sports Resort, yes I acquired it, from not in a store :) I might buy it eventually. Anyway it is one of those IOS switching games (like Medal of Honor Heroes 2) with the motion plus video in before it. It was a struggle to get this to work.

Shouldn't be so much now that we know what's going on.

Were you able to see the motion plus video?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  3. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

I did it through the USB Loader but it should work with Neogamma as well.

You need this http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?l0ymgzcdibj

You have to put that where ever alternate dols load from. In USB Loader, it's default location is the root of the SD card. Not exactly sure where it is in Neogamma but you can find out from inside the program.

You have to watch the motion plus videos all the way through. It will then reset, next you have to turn the alternate dol settings off and it will work normally.

Edit: Now that I think about it again, a disc shouldn't have a problem with the IOS switching. Maybe that won't solve your 001 when trying to load it from the disc. I might be getting things confused since I ditched the discs in favor of the USB Loader. But you could still try it out.

And if I recall correctly, 001 is supposed to be something about an unauthorized device although several people without modchips have gotten it. I need to look into that some more but I guess I'm too lazy.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2009
  4. Newnie

Newnie Regular member

Yeah, i don't know what the problem is. I ended up just using my sd card and usb loader to play it. I'm already pro on 2/3 games of fencing

5. bvb23

bvb23 Member

hey guys

i got this today and burned to disc. when i load and force PAL on backup loader gamma 0.3 i get an error #002. this is the first time i have ever seen this error.

i got a PAL wii, i updated to 4.0 and installed IOS35v13a this morning. Also have motion plus attached

you know how to fix this? i dont use USB loader...

thanks
    bvb

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  6. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

7. zork18

zork18 Regular member

what version of cIOS are you using? I agree use Neogamma.

8. zork18

zork18 Regular member

I forgot to add Neogamma is a newer version of "Wii backup loader 0.3 gamma"

Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
  9. bvb23

bvb23 Member

thanks for the replies

ive tried using neogamma, there is a special version of rev5 been released that has a fix specifically for wii sports resort. People can get it to load but im still having problems... alot of success has been with usb loaders but i dont have a usb drive

Ive tried installing the latest gecko 1.9.1 but it says no disc...

Installed neogamma WSR special edition, the motion plus videos play at the beginning, but when the actual game loads it resets the wii

Updated ios 38, 55 and 53? but had no effect, resets when the game loads after the videos

annoying as hell, this is the first game i havent been able to get running

bvb

10. zork18

zork18 Regular member

Note I said CIOS not IOS try loading cIOS38 Rev 13a

11. Newnie

Newnie Regular member

I also have neogamma but when i use it, i get the 001. I have Neogamma R4C2 and with rev13a

12. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

13. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

I originally thought that the game added something to the Wii like a save file so that it works all the times afterward. I deleted my Wii Sports Resort data to see if I could get it to not work again but it continues to work. Then I remembered (and as bvb mentioned that supposedly 5 has a fix for WSR.

I do remember when I was initially trying to get it to work that it seemed like there were two paths. The one with the Motion Plus videos and one that was the actual game.

After watching the motion plus videos all the way through, when you load the next time there shouldn't be a sign of the motion plus videos. It should just be the game.

I guess I could go back to Neogamma 4 and see if that will stop it from working so that I can try to get it to work again.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  14. Newnie

Newnie Regular member

Thanks man, yeah i still am trying to use a disc. brb im going to try with R4 than i will try r5

(Edit) Doesnt work with R4, ill be back to see about R5

15. bvb23

bvb23 Member

16. maazmania

maazmania Member

hey guys i have backup launcher and i tried to work wii sports resort on it ( a backup). i heard about neogamma, can u guys tell me what it is how to work it and how to install it thanks.

17. bnizzle71

bnizzle71 Member

I need help with Wii Sports Resorts(PAL), my system is soft modded (4.1U). I followed the directions to a tee,scrubbed,created a new.dol file. enabled the new .dol file as well as 002 error. I got the video to play. But cannot play the actual game. It just resets itself,and brings me back to the wii menu screen. If i disable the .dol file in neo gamma,like suggested,all i get is a green screen when I lauch the game. Any ideas????

18. whatelse

whatelse Member

Did you set to Force NTSC? I had the same issue with USB loader GX. After watching the video it would just send me back to the channels screen.

I went back into USB Loader and noticed i had it set to "Patch Always". Changed that to force NTSC instead. Then I made sure that 002 error correction was on. I also made sure to disable "boot to alternate dol".

Saved settings and tried again and now the game starts. However, don't have wii motion plus yet so you can't get past the screen that tells you to attach it. Should be here any day now though so I should be in business.

19. AMatthews

AMatthews Regular member

PAL Wii Sports refuses to be forced to NTSC. Either you have to get the Japanese version or wait for the NTSC version. Supposedly the PAL version isn't supposed to be out until Friday but it seems to have made its way to the internet already.

20. whatelse

whatelse Member

The PAL version has been out for a few days - it's been on news groups for almost 3 weeks so it must have been released already.

As for not being able to Force NTSC, i'd have to disagree. I have settings set to Force NTSC in USB Loader GX and it plays fine on my TV. The latest version of Preloader .29 for 4.1u has region settings to force NTSC by default now. Plus you can also set the option in USB Loader GX as well. Not sure which one is doing the trick but it does work.