will this PC cut it?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by gibbey531, Jul 22, 2007.

1. gibbey531

gibbey531 Member

I saw this pc for sale and it sounds like a good pc for watching DVDs and burning them, managing my iPod music and movies, and for some gaming. now i'm not any sort of computer smart guy so i was wondering if the Acer Aspire Desktop ASL100-UD360A is a good pc for all that i listed above? I know that it runs vista too, and from what i hear vista isn't the greatest, so would it be possible to upload XP instead? I'd just like to know how it does with everything i mentioned.

thanks

2. gibbey531

gibbey531 Member

oh also concerning games on this pc, what games would be pushing this pc to it's limits without the game hiccuping too much? is Oblivion a possibility? or any newer games?

thanks again

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Well every pc you get can play DVD's, manage/play music, and do just about everything else you said, with the exception to that rule being gaming. Now this pc comes with a nVidia GeForce 6150 integrated chip. So while you may be able to play Oblivion you definetly won't be playing it at the highest resolution or with a lot of highend video effects but it should play. Note that the integrated GeForce 6150 chip supports Shader Model 3.0 and DirectX 9. A core clock speed of 425 mhz, 2 pixel pipelines, and while having no memory on board it uses the memory installed on your motherboard. While you should be able to play Oblivion at minimal settings a videocard upgrade down the line would definetly boost your game.