1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will Xbox Portable ever exit according to the LATEST NEWS Microsoft (or any other important company) has posted?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by s3a, May 18, 2006.

1. s3a

s3a Guest

I am tired of always hearing ya's there and no's there...I need an answer...

2. kaosX

kaosX Regular member

will it exit?
    i thought microsoft said that there was not going to be MS handheld.

3. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

actually other than the origami it was said that they started a handheld unit.
    however no more information than that has been released.

4. Sparsh

Sparsh Regular member

I think they will release the xbox velocity and its gonna take atleast 1.5 years more.

5. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

who cares psp2 will be out around then too.

6. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

u seem quite happy about the psp2. well if im goin to tell the truth its great that there will b a new handheld new games etc but im going to be a lil pissed off that i paid a lot of money for a "top of the range" handheld console that will not even be top of the range that long. i mean theyre still like how much. £150 new. anbd that is a very basic pack

7. s3a

s3a Guest

is psp2 like a ps1 and ps2 relationship or a old version ps2 with a ps2 slimline relationship...what I am saying is it going to be a "new" handheld console or is it just going to be built differently on physical features...

P.S. Forget psp2, xbox portable should kill with two joysticks, better graphics than psp (same as psp2 probably) internal built-in hdd and the most important thing of all, Halo that is not homebrew!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2006
  8. s3a

s3a Guest

Quote:
    u seem quite happy about the psp2. well if im goin to tell the truth its great that there will b a new handheld new games etc but im going to be a lil pissed off that i paid a lot of money for a "top of the range" handheld console that will not even be top of the range that long. i mean theyre still like how much. £150 new. anbd that is a very basic pack

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2006
  9. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

lol yeah id like 2 think it would becos i really dont have money 2 b buyin new psp every 3years or so. i aint even managed 2 replace my xbox yet. i heard that they are scratchin the umd format cos it was... well... a flop but apparently the psp2 will have a umd slot 4 backwards compatibility which is good i guess but still doesnt solve the problem of cash flow

10. s3a

s3a Guest

dsdavis6, same here, I have a original xbox and a gcn and want to exchange them for a 360 (brand new not core system/the most expensive one) but unfortunately, It doesnt match the price of the 360...still even with wavebird and stuff like that...)

As for psp2 whats their new format?..because right before psp2 comes out..I can sell my psp1 for expensive....then get the psp2 without barely wasting money...Will that work? If not then I'll stick to my psp till psp2 is much cheaper than its release price...

P.S. I want to play HALO 3!!! And by the way if xbox portable comes out with psp2, forget psp2!! I'm an xbox fanboy! (either that or a halo fanboy)

P.S. #2 Did you hear the rumors for xbp?? Two joysticks, better graphics than psp, built-in hdd!!!

11. Jaskaran

Jaskaran Regular member

Thats just pointless, just cuz thier 360 is gonna lose out BIG time when the ps3 comes out they try to make an xbox portable...

12. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

Ms has deep hate for sony. Which is why they will drop an handheld system. Sony dropped the psp to keep up interested during the long wait for ps3. But has no reason to release one except to try and dig into the handheld market, which is dominated by nintendo.

13. PIH

PIH Guest

The only reason Nintendo handheld system dominated so long is because Sega died out. They had the right idea with the Gamegear which I bought. it just needed way to many batteries. If Sega lasted a bit longer it would be right up against Sony right now. I loved the idea of having an actual light screen with color. Nintendo was lucky enough to dominate so long but when they heard another big name was coming in like Sony, they probably thought to themselve "Oh shit, we're f*cked". That's what years of little innovation and being cheat get you.

14. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

hmm has any one seen that video of that guy that talks about how psp is better for 12 mins and 47 secs. as much as i agree psp is better (i only have my ds for pokemon games lol) hes arguments make no sense. like psp u can play when plugged into a wall. u can with ds too. just watch it and u will see what i mean. its kinda worryin how he has this much time to do.... well... this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6405445518216376043&q=ds

15. Joeva

Joeva Regular member

[​IMG]

omg are u serious wtf!!
    he is right about the battery i understood what he meant. He meant you can carry 3 batteries with you and switch them if one dies.
    And i think he is talking about having the psp hooked up to a dock/charger.
    And there are ds mods, but he probably didn't know. I don't think he's a sony fan, he sounds like more of a ds hater.
    He is also right about linux, and you can also put windows on your psp.
    other than that he just reads stuff online and trys to talk about it...
    funny guy tho, jus needs to straighten out what he reads

16. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

his trampoline story cracked me up lol

17. s3a

s3a Guest

so the conclusion is what...are they making a xbox portable or not??

18. thirst97

thirst97 Guest

Most likely, Yes. They would have no reason not too.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2006
  19. s3a

s3a Guest

thx, now you put a smile on my face...

20. deaddude1

deaddude1 Member

About dsdavis6 link that he had in his post

ok...i own a ds...its not that bad(psp is better) but the freaking guy has no idea what in the world he is talking about...first ds stand for dual screens.....second the ds battery last alot longer then the psp battery....Third you can watch movies on the ds...and thats only in the first 3 min he was talking
    as you can c i have drawn a conclution about this guy....one he probly is like 29 and lives with his mom....two he doesnt reserach on what he is talking about radio and tv dont cut it

ok im editing this b/c i watch another 2 min
    omg is this guy a retard....im sry dude but you can change the ds battery while your walking on the street and you can play it while it is pluged in.

lol im editing again after 1 more min
    first i would like to no how in the world you can have a psp be loud enfe to fill a whole warhouse??? aparently its a factcan some1 give me a like to show me.... and can it not include hooking up the psp to speakers (only using the ones build in...b/c ds can do that to)
    Second if you have a flash cart (witch it is ez to get 1 and the ds is ezer to crake) you can play music files
    and third in my opion ds is alittle load but you can also make it alot laoder if you have a flash cart

this video is so much trash...im not even goin to finish it
    i do agree the psp is better but just not for the resons he gave

Last edited: May 22, 2006