WinAVI won't even start

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Ramirezi, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Ramirezi

Ramirezi Member

Hey all. I'm surprised I've never seen this mentioned before, perhaps my computer is the only one that reacts to this specific software. In the past WinAVI used to work just fine on my computer but now I cannot even get it open. I have tried using several different versions, including the one that once worked but when I try to open it, I get an error message asking if I'd like to send the report to windows or just shut it down. I can't even get to the main interface.

Has anyone ever had this problem? The last version that was able to be used on my system was 6.3 and since then I have gotten a new hardrive but it stopped working on my old hardrive.

2. p2prox

p2prox Member

I have heard that WinAVI produces mediocre quality and that TMPGEnc has better output quality but more difficult at first to use. I would try several different programs so you could see which program you prefer best.

The WinAVI on BitTorrent has worked fine for me when I DL'ed it. You may want to give it a try to see if that one works or not.

Good Luck (p2prox@gmail.com)

3. Ramirezi

Ramirezi Member

I've tried all those. Tried several different versions of WinAVI just to see if perhaps it's the version giving me trouble but it's all of them. TMPGEnc can't do what I want it to and other programs end up making my AVI's about 9gb when WinAVI makes it a perfect fit with great picture quality. All the others I also get green pixels with a fast picture.

4. p2prox

p2prox Member

5. Ramirezi

Ramirezi Member

The debug box gets an error too. I never could understand the debugging procedure but it does pop up and says that it's not able to continue and needs to be shut down right after. I'll check out that thread.

Edit: Unfortunately that didn't work.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006