WinAvi won't launch Nero to burn DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by Frazzie, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Frazzie

Frazzie Member

I found a 2006 thread 284808 where the problem was the exact opposite to what I have ~~
    In my case:
    1. Original WinAvi installed automatically launched Nero to burn DVDs.
    2. Had to reformat HD last week
    3. Reinstalled WinAvi-8 and Nero-8
    4. WinAvi reverts to default WinAvi Burner and won't launch Nero (Express preferred on launch)
    5. Have unchecked "WinAvi Built in CD Burner" under Options of WinAvi
    6. Still no success :(

While I can quite easily simply manually launch Nero Express, I'm still irritated that I can figure out the problem - I'm sure it's a simple "glitch".

If you have any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I have only ever run Winavi 8, and never been aware of it being possible to auto-burn with Nero. It does not have such a feature.

If it was ever in Winavi 6( surprising if that's true), that is not the case in version 8.

Not using Winavi anymore, switched to DVD Flick; it can build menus and add removable subtitles, among other features.

3. Frazzie

Frazzie Member

Aaaaah ... thank you .. now that you mention it, I think that was an earlier version of WinAvi .. will have to try and check back -
    Interestingly enough the info given in WinAvi 8 under GENERAL reads as follows ..

Use WinAvi built-in CD burner:
    If you tick[^]this option, you will burn your disc with WinAvi as preference. Otherwise, you will launch Nero to burn if you it installed on your computer.

I have unchecked and I do have Nero installed ...
    Do you think there is something in Nero I have to program??

Still puzzling this little blighter ;)

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Not sure where is the "General" overview posted, but maybe "launch Nero" doesn't necessarily mean it will automatically launch. Instead you would have to launch it manually.

To me, it would seem very odd if Nero were to support Winavi, when Nero has its own converting/burning package.