Windows 2K Error Code!! Experts Required!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by gaz_0001, Feb 3, 2004.

1. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

I really need some help on this one. I was burning a DVD at 4x Using the latest nero and i got this windows error message, it is not the first time. "*** Stop: 0x0000000A (0xff7cf078, 0x00000002, 0x0000000, 0x80441DFF) IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Please see my computer spec below. I have very recently had NTL broadband installed and i have downloaded all of the latest upgrades for windows. It seems to have started from then. I am using Zone Alarm Firewall and Norton Antivirus 2004.

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

Last edited: Feb 3, 2004
  3. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

I am still no closer to fixing this problem can anyone else suggest anything?? Has anyone else had this same error message??

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

So does your system now reconize the 160Gb hard drive or this an other problem?

5. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

Prisoner, that is a different problem all together, have you seen my other thread?? Its an absolute nightmare! My bios and motherboard are fina and recognise it but its as if Windows 2000 can only recognise 127Gb!! I think that i may need a copy of Win 2k SP3 (But it has to be intergrated onto a CD, i cant just download it). Well, thats what i think so far, everyone has tried helping me on this one, but i think i will have to wait until i come across a copy of Win2k SP3.

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I know as you probbly know, when I posted on that thread as well. I just commented here as well as you say in your Signiture that you have Win 2K SP4. So I thought you may have fix the other thread problem.
    If you are looking at an other Win 2K, to be honest I would through out Win 2K all together and go with WinXp home or pro. A lot of problems were fixed with WinXP and SP1 is very good. The inital WinXP was not good, but you may solve a lot of issues with WinXp SP1.

7. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

Prisoner, i will keep xp in mind, as i already own a copy with sp1 intergrated, i just like 2k, and i heard that there are problems when using DVD burning software on XP. I have just restarted my pc, i think the problem may of been because i had office xp installed?? i have now put office 2k back on and it has been fine so far!!

8. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I have never had any problems with WinXP in the burning area. Some free burning software can't handle the whole not Fat32 thing, But gennerally more purchased software is being designed for it. I am not too sure about office. I have only Office 2000 and haven't seen a need to upgrade yet. Only if the voice reconicition is flawless (that will never happen a flawless microsoft product) might I consider buying.

9. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

gaz I dont burn that many dvd's I suppose about 200 so far but I have never yet had a problem with windows xp in that area at all in all My burning I have done only failed once ........it said an error with scsi at sorce so I just burn't another dvd.......
    Prisoner I also have office xp not that I use it alot but it seems to be quite a reliable bit off sodtware but I know nothing on the voice recognition stuff ......I only mess around with dreamweaver in any real frequency
    DaOsT

10. gaz_0001

gaz_0001 Regular member

WOuld Win XP be ok if u were to use DVD Shrink 3.14, Nero 6, DVD Copy X Platinum, AnyDVD, Clone DVD? These are my main burning programs!!