Windows XP User Account (I think I fit this category...)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Nizzler, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Nizzler

Nizzler Member

I know that I posted something similar to this before but I still never got the answer I was looking for.

::SITUATION::
    I made a user account on my computer (Windows XP). It had a password to it which I had to enter everytime I wanted to get into it. I had a problem and somehow Internet Explorer didn't work (I was using Opera as a browser but there is nothing like IE....) so then rebooted the computer and it gave me the option of keeping all my files and not formatting the hard drive, so I did this, obviously.

::pROBLEM::
    Now I cannot acces my folder. It is not even listed unless I go to the (C:) drive and then go to Documents and Settings. It is there! Whenever I try to access/delete/open/copy it, it says access denied. That right there is like 40+ GB in there!

::SOLUTION::
    That is why I am here. My burner keeps telling me that I have a Power Calibiration error and what-not... So I figure, I gotta free up this space. Plus, I am being cheated out of 40 gb. Hopefully someone can help me before I reboot the whole thing and choose to format and delete it all.

::IRONY::
    This is kinda like a suicide note...

2. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

Is their only 1 user on this pc. If there is more than 1 you might not be listed as an administrator this would result in you not being able to delete the folder.

3. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

I have a program called ERD Commander.
    It's runs off a cd and when I boot the computer up it asks me what new password I would like to enter.
    It completely over-rides the administrator password and lets me enter a new one.
    It doesn't even ask me what the old password was.
    Someone gave it to me but I don't know where they got it from.
    I'll go and have a quick google.

4. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

5. Nizzler

Nizzler Member

I still remember that password. That wasn't the problem, the problem was that it doesn't even ask me or prompt me to enter a password. It just says access denied.

6. matty8887

matty8887 Regular member

I think i remember somewhere saying if you keep pressing the shift key where the logon screen is it will skip it if your password doesnt come up. Give it a try.