Windows XP User Account

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Nizzler, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Nizzler

Nizzler Member

I know that I posted something similar to this before but I still never got the answer I was looking for.

::SITUATION::
    I made a user account on my computer (Windows XP). It had a password to it which I had to enter everytime I wanted to get into it. I had a problem and somehow Internet Explorer didn't work (I was using Opera as a browser but there is nothing like IE....) so then rebooted the computer and it gave me the option of keeping all my files and not formatting the hard drive, so I did this, obviously.

::pROBLEM::
    Now I cannot acces my folder. It is not even listed unless I go to the (C:) drive and then go to Documents and Settings. It is there! Whenever I try to access/delete/open/copy it, it says access denied. That right there is like 40+ GB in there!

::SOLUTION::
    That is why I am here. My burner keeps telling me that I have a Power Calibiration error and what-not... So I figure, I gotta free up this space. Plus, I am being cheated out of 40 gb. Hopefully someone can help me before I reboot the whole thing and choose to format and delete it all.

::IRONY::
    This is kinda like a suicide note...

2. Xian

Xian Regular member

You should be able to log on to the administrator account and access any of the files and folders on the pc. Hopefully you didn't encrypt the files because then you wouldn't be able to recover them unless you still have the recovery agent.

3. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

4. Nizzler

Nizzler Member

I still remember that password. That wasn't the problem, the problem was that it doesn't even ask me or prompt me to enter a password. It just says access denied.