WinDV

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by wallen69, Jun 27, 2005.

1. wallen69

wallen69 Member

I recently downloaded WinDV to 'capture' the video from my Sony MiniDV camcorder as I had had problems with dropped frames etc using Nero Vision Express. WinDV worked like a charm capturing the video with no dropped frames. However went to use it again last night with no joy, it would not recognise that my Camcorder was connected! I deleted it and copied it back to my PC from the floppy I had stored the downloaded ZIP file on, still no joy. Restared PC, reconnected camcorder etc no joy. A real mystery! Any suggestions? (I am running Windows XP SP2 Home edition on a 2.2GHz Celeron with 512MB RAM). I have never had more problems using a PC for any application than I have had with this video business, with multiple software problems (an no not all the same problem or I would suspect either the firewire port or the Camcorder).

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

It's rarely the port or the cam, it's usually the cable, or it's connections.

3. wallen69

wallen69 Member

I should have added that Windows regognises the Camcorder is connected and the capture mode of Nero Vision Express 3 can see and contol the Camcorder (I prefer WinDV because I can capture without dropped frames without having to turn off my Firewall and antivirus software, which i have to do with Nero).

To make this even stranger I am certain no settings have been changed on the PC since I last used WinDV successfully as that was the day before I went on vacation and when I first tried to use it with out success was the day I came back :(.