1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WinHiip issue

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by chriswhit, Oct 5, 2010.

1. chriswhit

chriswhit Regular member

I want to format my Maxtor 100gig ide hard drive for use with my ps2 fat. I have the hard drive installed inside my pc. My issue is that WinHIIP wont recognize any hard drives at all. I downloaded WinHIIP from kickass torrents and am wondering if I have a corrupt version or if its something else. I looked for another download link to test that theory but cant seem to find one. Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    I dont know if any of this matters but I'm using Windows 7 64 bit os in my pc and my primary hard drive is a 1tb sata drive. The Maxtor I want to format was in my pc working before and is empty of files now. Thanks for reading my post.

edit: I figured out why it wouldn't recognize any drives and had to run it as administrator in xp compatibility and it now says its a ps2 hard drive but I have one last question. When I select the ps2 drive I get a message that says the drive does not have a valid ps2 boot record. Can I fix that using my pc or do I have to run hd loader in my ps2 with the hard drive installed? Sorry I'm new to this. I do have swap magic coming in the mail and I have a usb stick but its only a 1gig. I have a burned Iso disk with hd loader on it. thank you for your time. Its much appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. speedyos

speedyos Member

format the ps2 hd again using Winhiip...i think it will work,.,,