wireless network problems

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Phyco_Can, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

so i have a linksys wireless router that my dektop cpu is connected to the problem is that it says server not found but yet it says very good connection..im pretty sure the problem isint my router because ive connected to others around me aswell and yet i still have the same outcome...any help???

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do the others get on the net? have you tried bypassing the router & directly connect to the modem?

3. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

yes others get on the net connected to my router,my pops laptop my moms laptop and my bros laptop gets connection just fine, i started having this problem after i forgot the wep key for my router and i hit the factory reset button on it,it worked for a little then outta nowhere it stopped working and ive been without internet for about a week..i hate messing with wireless problems its so frustrating so i have no clue how 2 bypass the router and directly connect to the modem explain please

4. pcdoc1

pcdoc1 Guest

5. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

ok so i did things with the router in my house..so now i know that its not my router and its my wireless card or somethin in my comp thats messin up,any other ideas?

6. pcdoc1

pcdoc1 Guest

Phyco_Can, how does your computer connect to the router, wired or wireless?

7. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

wireless

8. pcdoc1

pcdoc1 Guest

Phyco_Can, if your router is located fairly close to your desktop and you have a wired ethernet port on the desktop, why not use wired instead of wireless? It is a faster connection and there are no wep keys to configure.

9. Phyco_Can

Phyco_Can Guest

i wish it was, my router is located on the other side of the house in the basement but im about to just buy a looongggg ethernet cable and start drilling holes considering ive been without internet for about 2 weeks

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2008
  10. forumLife

forumLife Guest

ok well move you router by a window in your room or the room next to yours. i was having just about the same problem as you.
    and if this doesnt work then im sorry im taking up your time.
    and i feel bad that you dont ahve internet='(.
    ;) good luck.

11. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Phyco_Can, do you have heating ducts as i ran my net cable from my 2nd floor computer room to my router & modem in the basement thru the ducts?