1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

With Dvd Shrink Can I shrink A Copy

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by flyguy7, Oct 31, 2003.

1. flyguy7

flyguy7 Member

I Backed Up The Hulk tryed to use dvd shrink didn t open when i opened disk

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

What exactly are you trying to say? Did you backup the disc or not? If you did, what program did you use? We can't help you if you're not specific about what you did.

If DVD Shrink has a problem opening a disc you can rip it with DVD Decryptor in File mode and then use Shrink to open the files (Open Files button) or rip in ISO Read mode, mount the image to a virtual drive, and open the disc normally, selecting the virtual drive as your source.

3. nuklehead

nuklehead Member

Well, what I have done in that situation is- dont click on Open Disk, click on Open Files and then select your DVD drive. That should do the trick.
    Thats if you want to Shrink the files more, if you just want to make a copy of the copy all you have to do is open up your DVD drive and copy the files to your HD, then burn them onto a new dvd.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

You cannot shrink ripped files with Shrink a second time. You would have to re-use the original disc. Why do you want to shrink the files even more anyway?

5. koola

koola Guest

There is no point shrinking files when they are already the correct size to make a disc copy lol. Just copy the DVD using Nero or DVD Decrypter. ISO read > ISO burn, Done!