World in Conflict & SecuRom. How to override...?

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Sherman90, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Sherman90

Sherman90 Member

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run my backup of WIC, mounted with Daemon Tools, but the program won't allow me to execute it due to a Securom feature.

I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit, and both Alcohol 120% and Daemon Tools Pro are installed. Is there any way around this problem?

I'm currently burning the image to a DVD to see if this solves the problem...but I'm skeptical at this point.

Is there software that will override the Securom feature?

2. Sherman90

Sherman90 Member

I've tried running the game through a legitimate, burned image, but still no dice. This time SecuRom says it is having trouble "authenticating" the disc...

Any solutions?

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

No piracy in the forums, this is a banned subject.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2007
  4. Rikaelus

Rikaelus Member

Oh don't be so naive. We're in a world where it's a hell of a lot easier to store CD/DVD data in an ISO on a 400GB drive than it is to micromanage a hundred discs and pray we don't scratch them and lose our software.

A copy does not mean it's omgwtfpiracy.

I'm having a similar issue in that I can't even get the freaking DEMO of the game to work. Are you going to accuse me of pirating the demo because it's complaining about Securerom?

5. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Ok then, i'm not sure if it's the same for both of you, but with some games these days they're clever enough to know you've got DAEMON TOOLS or something like that that does the same job, they won't load unless you uninstall that software, but you want to keep it, right? Type Y.A.S.U into google and i'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

If that doesn't work then it's something else that's the problem.