world of warcraft error

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by bueller, Aug 10, 2007.

1. bueller

bueller Member

The hard drive went out on my sons desk top so a friend put in a new hard drive and power supply and set it all up again.My son reinstalls wow ok but when he opens it to play he gets wow has encountered a error.He has tried reinstalling it several times but same thing.Any ideas ?

2. jordangsu

jordangsu Member

If you just reinstalled windows you probably need to upgrade your video card drivers...if that doesnt work then post the exact error. I'd recommend giving him a basket/soccer ball and telling him thats his replacement for WOW :)

3. bueller

bueller Member

Here is what it says: This application has encountered a critical error:,ERROR # 132(0x85100084) Fatal Exception,Program C:\Program files\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe, Exception: "0x0067BF05"referenced memory at "0x00000054"., Press OK to terminate the application.....

4. jordangsu

jordangsu Member

not sure if you got this fixed yet or not, but a quick google search brought up this:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=10021053&sid=1#15

looks like you need to make sure you have the newest DirectX and video card drivers. Your video card drivers need to be downloaded from the card manufacturer, not microsoft. Update these and make sure you have all device drivers installed correctly by checking device manager

5. bueller

bueller Member

I will give it a try. Thanks