Would like to put more than one .AVI (movie / episode) on disc

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nu2ad, Apr 18, 2009.

1. nu2ad

nu2ad Member

hi all....
    sorry if i posted in the wrong place - i tried to find something to read up on about this but didnt have any luck so i wasnt too sure of where might be the best place. might've overlooked it since im exhausted and still a 'lil buzzed.
    i know i can take an .avi file and run through convertxtodvd to get a dvd with chapters/titles/etc.,etc.....
    but i would like to know how if possible, i can get one or two or more different movies / episodes without any chapters/titles/etc.,etc. so that i can just play them straight through. with or with out subs (prefereable with if theyre needed)
    thanks a bunch all for any help /advice / tips.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I haven't used ConvertX for years, but I'm sure you can add files (video and subs) to the maximum capacity of the DVD (three hours running time?).
    I'm quite sure you are neither required to have a menu nor set chapters points.
    Without a menu, the first title would end and after a short pause, the next title would start.

3. nu2ad

nu2ad Member

hey it was as easy as just adding the files to convertxtodvd and clicking convert.
    i really didnt think that that would be the way - i thought too much quality would be sacrificed - i mean i wouldnt do it with something that i wanna get the most out of - but for a bunch of cartoon episodes / movies for the kids - its just fine.
    you mentioned that you havent used convertxtodvd "in years" - so you left yourself wide open for me to ask....
    what are you using ?
    is there something else (better that you'd recommend ?)
    wanna make sure im up to speed.
    thanks again.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I use DVD Flick for movie authoring - it meets one of my top requirements - it's free.