1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wtf?!? theres a dent in my verbatim!

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mark5hs, Jul 20, 2006.

1. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

so I got a spindle of verbatims for backing up PS2 games. today I went to copy a game and I was about 15 disks into my spindle. I make the image and put the disk in. 0% done, then it counts up to 1:30 and the hourglass comes up and it freezes. I watch the screen and suddenly I hear my drive making clicking noises. It refuses to eject so I restart my computer. I open the drive and take the disk out and then I notice somehtng rather strange: my disk had a deep dent in the side of it. the one above its fine, the one below its fine, but how the heck did a dent get in there? I sure as hell didn't dent it.

2. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

Guess a bad one got by Quality Control. Lucky you got it.

How old is the spindle? Receipt? Probably not worth the effort and gasoline to chase back to where you got them.

Should have checked the spindle when you got it. LOL. I have never checked for anything like that. Oh well. What can you say?

3. mark5hs

mark5hs Guest

I just got it a week ago when they were on sale at best buy. Ill either keep it as its just one disk or Ill use up most of the spindle and try exchanging it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2006
  4. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

mark5hs- I've Never tried it ! but if the DVD media companies are anything like the Audio-video media MFRS. and some are one and the same companies . Mail it back to Verbatim with a short note on why - see deffect ! They would probably be more than happy to replace it! it's up to you though ! Whatever you decide to do good luck with the rest of the spindle ! Ciao!

5. BurningAs

BurningAs Regular member

that's probabaly just a disc defect. And also i'd say rest your burner after a bit. dont go 15 discs stright, espceailoly not DVDs.

GOOD LUCK

6. chayne04

chayne04 Regular member

i had that happen to me the night before last. i was making a copy of a movie, and it usually takes 15 minutes to copy a movie. well i walked away from my computer and returned in about 2 hours, thinking the movie would be copied by then looked at my screen and it said 93%. that was odd. everything was locked up. had to shut down computer, disc still would not eject. had to just the release hole, to get disc out. looked at disc and it had a really bad cirlce on it out towards the end of the disc. i had never seen anything like this before on a brand new dvd. put in another disc, then my computer would not read my burner. i thought my burner had gone out toward the end of the burn and that made the disc go bad. but rebooted one more time, burner OK, backed up the movie, no problems since. i just got to where now, before i put a blank dvd in to be burned, i check them now. i would recommend that to everyone. just for the record, this was a verbatim, the one office max had on sale this week. that is the only one i have ever had problems with, but like i said, makes me check the disc now.

7. RazorRip

RazorRip Member

A couple bad Verbatim discs all around the same time. Does this mean Verbatim media is going to crap?

I wonder what else their quality control misses. :(

8. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Every company has a screw up now and then I wouldn't worry about the Verbs contact them and they'll take care of you . when I first started doing Dl I waited and bought them on sale. I was buying the ten pack Verbs at 5 at a time I had 3 packs with dye spots from one store and had a 20% success rate. The other stores were a 100% success rate I contacted Verbatim and was well taken care of . Just like the daily paper humans and machines err and things sometimes do get by Quality control.This same store I did did get a Sl pack with 2 discs out of the 50 with dye spots'just a freak i guess that was about 800 discs ago. But unlike my success rate of 5% with Memosux that runs a real tight quality . I'll stick with my Ty's [eh Doc ] and Verbs Chris

Last edited: Jul 23, 2006